GMP F*** Up Again

Eccles Blue said:
withingtonmcfc said:
I've commented about the poor performance of policing by GMP on here before. Although I didn't see any trouble outside the ground yesterday (I walked into town straight after the final whistle) these stories don't surprise me one bit.

It's definitely a case of one rule for United and one rule for City when it comes to policing derbies, whether that be keeping the visiting supporters locked in or wading in with the batons on innocent supporters who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Whoever decided to let United fans out after they had just scored a 93rd minute winner has an awful lot to answer for.

If you have commented on here Withington, have you ever actually complained to the GMP themselves? I have sent an email to them this morning asking just why the police didn't keep the United fans in the ground until the City fans had dispersed, exactly as they did for the CC semi at OT. I also told them that the officer in charge should be held responsible. It is one thing coming on here complaining but that doesn't bring the wider issue to the attention of the powers that be. If you are unsure where to email: complaints@gmp.police.uk

I wish you the best of luck. However, I doubt whether you will get any firm action, other than an ackowledgment of your complaint and a promise that they will take your concerns on board.

Fighting crime, protecting people? Bollocks!

I want to join the police, I fancy beating the shit out of people unarmed. Would be quality.
Only messing I would of sprayed my own officers with gas and let everyone kick fuck out of them ;)

withingtonmcfc said:
Eccles Blue said:
If you have commented on here Withington, have you ever actually complained to the GMP themselves? I have sent an email to them this morning asking just why the police didn't keep the United fans in the ground until the City fans had dispersed, exactly as they did for the CC semi at OT. I also told them that the officer in charge should be held responsible. It is one thing coming on here complaining but that doesn't bring the wider issue to the attention of the powers that be. If you are unsure where to email: complaints@gmp.police.uk

I wish you the best of luck. However, I doubt whether you will get any firm action, other than an ackowledgment of your complaint and a promise that they will take your concerns on board.

Yep , i very much doubt it too ........

however if you'd care to add your sample to their over-hyped DNA database , which no fucker else is even remotely interested in , i'm sure they'd be only to happy to be round at your house before tea time tonite!

unsworthblue said:
i saw a city fan throwing horse shit at a group of Arsenal boys at the Emirates the other year.Mental!.
hahaha quality

its only abit of grass though

Blue Smarties said:
Cheesy said:
Violence at a football game? Prick, no matter who you support.
What's the difference in a pub fight to a football fight? I'm guessing you will call someone a prick who is involved in a fight in a pub?
Sorry mate but if you hit somebody purely because of what football team they support than you're a prick. (Not meaning you, just meaning in general).

Now if they attack you and you're defending yourself than that's different.

withingtonmcfc said:
Eccles Blue said:

If you are not satisfied with GMP's handling of your complaint, I recommend contacting the Independent Police Complaints Commission,

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/index/complaints.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/index/complaints.htm</a>.

however they can only deal with complaints against individuals not with policy complaints

Eccles Blue said:
withingtonmcfc said:
I've commented about the poor performance of policing by GMP on here before. Although I didn't see any trouble outside the ground yesterday (I walked into town straight after the final whistle) these stories don't surprise me one bit.

It's definitely a case of one rule for United and one rule for City when it comes to policing derbies, whether that be keeping the visiting supporters locked in or wading in with the batons on innocent supporters who happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Whoever decided to let United fans out after they had just scored a 93rd minute winner has an awful lot to answer for.

Surely it's better complaining to the IPPC.

enquiries@ipcc.gsi.gov.uk
You are the person who the behaviour you want to complain about was directed towards.
You were ‘adversely affected’ by the behaviour you want to complain about. This means that whether the behaviour was towards you or not, it had some sort of bad effect on you. You might have been distressed or inconvenienced by it, you might have suffered some sort of loss or damage because of it or you might have been put in danger.
You witnessed the behaviour that you want to complain about (this usually means you were an eyewitness, and not for example that you saw it on TV).
Complaints about the overall policies and procedures of a police force, as well as other issues relating to quality of service or operational decisions, do not fall within the remit of the IPCC. Such complaints should be made to the police force concerned.
General complaints wont be looked at,you NEED the numbers of the officers & video off camera phones along with witnesses if possible.

I'm not a fighter and aint gonna glamorise what happened yesterday.

My take on it is...

About 15 mins after game police decided to close gates on remaining Rags which allowed the City lads to congregate and act all big behind the bobbies.

People at the front near Mary Ds were generally being nosey, not doing a great deal but then the big men on the grass verges and near by pushed forward. This led to the police drawing batons, dogs, horses etc but what do you expect. This meant those who were being pushed were on the receiving end.

I got caught up in it as I was walking past and it was hostile to say the least. Oh and to those throwing coins, most were falling short and hitting innocent blues who were trying to get past.

I didn't see any police over reaction, that's not to say it didn't happen. But go to a game on the continent and you soon realise the police here are quite restrained in how they police games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.