Goal attempts

california blue said:
Give it till Kolarov Boateng and Balo are fully fit to judge anything
They are fullbacks, they are only useful if the players ahead of them are making the runs and space for them. they are not gonna create much on their own

gooney said:
california blue said:
Give it till Kolarov Boateng and Balo are fully fit to judge anything
They are fullbacks, they are only useful if the players ahead of them are making the runs and space for them. they are not gonna create much on their own

Attacking full-backs change the whole dynamic of a team.

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
gooney said:

Maybe but i wouldn't put Boateng down as an attacking full back, yeah, he can get forward but he isn't as comfortable doing it as say Ashley Cole or even Johnson at Liverpool.

Not many scored but hardly any conceeded = we are set up defensively at the moment. Is it working? Yes we are 4th.

Cobwebcat said:
Not many scored but hardly any conceeded = we are set up defensively at the moment. Is it working? Yes we are 4th.
Where a team is in the table means jack shit until after the 38th game!<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:40 am --<br /><br />
bluemoon32 said:
ThreeTeamSupporter said:

Maybe but i wouldn't put Boateng down as an attacking full back, yeah, he can get forward but he isn't as comfortable doing it as say Ashley Cole or even Johnson at Liverpool.
You're right, he's not. He's a centre back who has some qualities that allowed him to fill in for an injured full back at Hamburg and he's stayed there. He's not an attacking full back!

danburge82 said:
Cobwebcat said:
Where a team is in the table means jack shit until after the 38th game!

Fine, we have 11 points. Do points matter? Yes.

Using your logic, should we just close down the forum until the end of the season?

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
danburge82 said:

Using your logic, should we just close down the forum until the end of the season?

This. Plus the table takes shape at around 10 games. We are doing just fine.

Remember one nil to the Arsenal?

We don't have put a lot of weight behind stats nowadays. I don't care how many shots we have on goal, as long as we win games that's all that matters. For those that it matters to, I would wait until we have Kolarov, and Balotelli fit (Boateng seems to be there now).

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
danburge82 said:

No that would be silly wouldn't it? because of the threads where we talk about tactics, how we played, goals, development of the stadium and all around SportCity, our club, our players, our future games, other clubs, other players, other games, Europe, trips away, stories from the past, put YouTube clips up of fans chanting and goals from our past and from footballs past, etc etc etc .............

Btw, yes, points matter!

Its very discouraging to see how little chances and shots we have. Some say it will come in time, I do hope so, but I don't really see how and why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.