Goal difference

If it goes down to goal difference ours must be at least 10 superior not counting there goals, so they'll have to win by 5+ goals each match. No chance. And we have QPR...

Newcastle are playing two games in 7 days against strong teams. They are not experienced enough at that level even though they have class players. Their only options are Ba, Cisse, Tiote and Ben Arfa silence them and keep Cabaye quiet game over. We have players who can tuck a goal in from every where.

Its the GD that bothers me cos I see Sunderland bending over.

I'll take a 1-0 v Newcastle, if we can't put at least 4 past a back four Tawio Ferdinand(not the good one) Hill Nedum then we don't deserve the league.

didactic said:
Newcastle are playing two games in 7 days against strong teams. They are not experienced enough at that level even though they have class players. Their only options are Ba, Cisse, Tiote and Ben Arfa silence them and keep Cabaye quiet game over. We have players who can tuck a goal in from every where.

Its the GD that bothers me cos I see Sunderland bending over.

Maybe Swansea.....but the rags aren't that good. Can't see them catching our gd aslong as we win our both games.

Sunderland won't bend over at SOL. I wouldn't be suprised if they beat/draw them.

More concerned about winning newcastle. Not gonna be easy even if we get more rest etc...

Kun Aguero said:
I'll take a 1-0 v Newcastle, if we can't put at least 4 past a back four Tawio Ferdinand(not the good one) Hill Nedum then we don't deserve the league.

^^This^^. Just concentrate on the 3 points for Sunday, we go into the game against QPR with a cushion of a few goals at least and we should better their score against Sunderland.

kenkladze said:
EvertonToffee said:
sam-caddick said:
I am not ruling out Uniteds weaker goal difference just yet because I do have a feeling they will go on goal rampages for their remaining last 2 games.
Judging by their recent form I don't think United have the quality or belief to go on a rampage. I'm sure they'll concede the odd goal too.

My ideal scenario would be us to win our last two matches, and clinch the title by a 5 goal margin.......... The 5 goal difference from our victory at The Swamp!!! Delicious irony.
Sorry for being pedantic but the goal difference from that game was 10 not 5.

Can you really see that United side last night not conceding in their next 2 games. They looked broken after our goal and they were totally deflated at the end. If we win at Newcastle i think that is pretty much it wrapped up because they will go out against Swansea knowing only victory and a high goal margin will do.

Sunderland again, if United pull a cagey win out the bag against Swansea and assuming we have won.. Cannot see us not scoring a handful against QPR with a massive crowd and the motivation that one win and a goal or 2 wins us the league at home.

Rest assured lads the title will be surely decided this weekend, if we win then i am confident that we have done it. Psychologically they will be against it no matter what. When they step out against Swansea they could be 3 points behind and looking at a goal difference deficit of at least 8+. They then have to go out having to beat a decent side by several goals and more importantly to win, we all know they have had problems at Old Trafford this year and Swansea are a decent passing side, you can't ignore their threat.

This title race is all down to US vs Newcastle, the goal margin doesn't matter, all that matters right now is getting those points on the board this weekend because even if United put 6 past Swansea we will still be able to rectify it against QPR who could all but be relegated if Bolton beat Spurs tomorrow night.

didactic said:
How many ex rags in the Sunderland team 5? 6?

Im bricking it cant help it I just want Sunday to come and go. Its scarier than yesterday for me to be honest.

O'Neill's already suggested he'll be leaving the likes of Brown and O'Shea out.

firstly, win the 2 games. this is the priority.

if we win the 2 games both by 1 goal (the minimum possible), our GD will be +9. however, i'd like to think that with our ability in the squad, we would be able to win these games by more than one goal (more so the QPR game).

therefore, with the minimum possible GD of +9, they will have to WIN BY 10 goals over 2 games. swansea are no mugs, so even if they do get beat at the swamp (to be expected), how likely are they to lose by 5 GOALS?

similiarly, sunderland at home, how likely are they to lose by 5 GOALS?

I'm fairly sure they won't better our GD.

I can easily see United beating Swansea by a large margin, IF they get an early goal.

Swansea have done very well this season, especially in their home game against us. They played very well for 60 mins at the Etihad but then fell apart once we scored. If its 2-0 at half time United could get 6 or 7.

I really dont think United will overturn the GD, but they might get close enough to make the final game a bit more tense than we'd hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.