Goal difference

bluefromleve32 said:
im getting very nervous. something tells me utd wont win the next 2 games and we'll win it on points.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

See my ten point plan ;-) If we win on Sunday I think we will do it. Its just that I think it will be a draw....rags will have to win at Sunderland to win it...and they might.

BTW...zero chance of us losing on GD.

The Flash said:
To be fair didactic, I reckon they'll struggle at Sunderland, I really do. You can't underestimate a Martin O'Neill squad as we found to our cost.

And Swansea will give anyone a game. That Sigurdson lad is quality.

Not so sure, working in the NE and I am working with someone who knows Bardsley - he was out last night drinking lots of Guiness and saying that all he is arsed about now is his summer holiday

Question: If it were to happen where we both tie on Goal Difference, is the next tie breaker goals scored??

mansour's tow ropes said:
firstly, win the 2 games. this is the priority.

if we win the 2 games both by 1 goal (the minimum possible), our GD will be +9. however, i'd like to think that with our ability in the squad, we would be able to win these games by more than one goal (more so the QPR game).

therefore, with the minimum possible GD of +9, they will have to WIN BY 10 goals over 2 games. swansea are no mugs, so even if they do get beat at the swamp (to be expected), how likely are they to lose by 5 GOALS?

similiarly, sunderland at home, how likely are they to lose by 5 GOALS?

I'm fairly sure they won't better our GD.

We already have a GD of 8 so it would be 10 minimum but I would realistically expect 12 minimum so that would take two 6-0 wins. Pretty unlikely.

I think at the end of the Wolves match, Mancini was not happy with the missed chances and was angry as he was walking off. Yaya was patting him on the back almost saying take a chill pill boss. I think if we needed to score 4 against QPR we would.

Goal difference is really far down on my list of concerns, with 1-5,000 being Newcastle.

I do think Swansea will get at least a point though.

Think Sunderland will have a go at utd. Sunderland may lose but it won't be by much.
The idea of ex-rags rolling over for taggart ain't always true: darron Gibson left them cos he was gutted about bringing back scholes - and he certainly wasn't slacking in the 4-4 game.

It's all about the Newcastle game.

Last seven matches Swansea have won once (against Blackburn) drawn twice and lost four times. Newcastle have only lost twice at home all season.
IMO if we beat Newcastle we will win PL. Anything less and United will win. There are two many ex-rags at Sunderland to put up a real fight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.