God bless USA

• Thread starter dronefromsector7g
  • Start date
garymj said:
While it is not very nice to have a pop at another country. That"you would all be speaking german" sticks in your craw a bit, and having members of your family who served during the war, and made sacrifices, tends to rankel somewhat.

no disrespect intended man, apologies . May not have come across but at least until it got personal I was originally just mocking the types that say things like that.

Blue Haze said:
Afghanistan will be retaken by the Taliban the moment we leave. Obama is just a pawn in a series of pawns.

We knee-jerked after 9/11. The country wanted revenge and we got it. Unfortunately that revenge came at a huge cost. We acted before thinking and in the end, when we do finally leave nothing in that country will have changed much.

I stand up for my country all the time, but unfortunately here the hate is justified. Even more embarrassing that we treat the UK and other allies as basically our thralls and allow them virtually no independence in their foreign affairs.

That was always going to happen though. What other choice was there, politically?

Skashion said:
garymj said:
While it is not very nice to have a pop at another country. That"you would all be speaking german" sticks in your craw a bit, and having members of your family who served during the war, and made sacrifices, tends to rankel somewhat.
Scousers and Cockneys have had far worse reviews on this forum. The Russians were getting slagged to fuck not so long since, much much worse than anything said on this thread.

All of which pales into comparison to the Mancini Inners vs Mancini Outers which made the Cuban Missile crisis look like a teenage spat.

chabal said:
Skashion said:
garymj said:
Scousers and Cockneys have had far worse reviews on this forum. The Russians were getting slagged to fuck not so long since, much much worse than anything said on this thread.

All of which pales into comparison to the Mancini Inners vs Mancini Outers which made the Cuban Missile crisis look like a teenage spat.
pssh, that's nothin,

Have you even been to the muffin or barm thread?

FromPollockToSilva said:
Blue Haze said:
Afghanistan will be retaken by the Taliban the moment we leave. Obama is just a pawn in a series of pawns.

We knee-jerked after 9/11. The country wanted revenge and we got it. Unfortunately that revenge came at a huge cost. We acted before thinking and in the end, when we do finally leave nothing in that country will have changed much.

I stand up for my country all the time, but unfortunately here the hate is justified. Even more embarrassing that we treat the UK and other allies as basically our thralls and allow them virtually no independence in their foreign affairs.

That was always going to happen though. What other choice was there, politically?

There wasn't. It was a tragic inevitability. As Osama knew well.

Any politician who raised a word in disagreement would have been politically hanged as a traitor.

Getting too powerful after WW2 had its consequences. It gave us the power to act without having to really fear the consequences.

Blue Haze said:

Well something had to be done about Afghanistan, it was acting as a base for groups of fanatics, will it work who knows, I would certainly not put money on the Taliban regaining power because things in Afghanistan are rarely that simple, we can all come up with suggestions as to what might have worked, but I am reminded of a commentator during the Vietnam war who noted that they would have been better off dropping televisions than bombs, because once you have a population hooked on mindless drivel you can do pretty much as you want

chabal said:
Skashion said:
garymj said:

Ah, the great Mancini war, which was followed by a brief interlude of piece before Bluemoon War II broke out over the Yaya Toure conundrum.

rick773 said:
garymj said:

no disrespect intended man, apologies . May not have come across but at least until it got personal I was originally just mocking the types that say things like that.
Fair enough mush, and how about giving us our gold bullion back. ( joke)

Ducado said:
Well something had to be done about Afghanistan, it was acting as a base for groups of fanatics, will it work who knows, I would certainly not put money on the Taliban regaining power because things in Afghanistan are rarely that simple, we can all come up with suggestions as to what might have worked, but I am reminded of a commentator during the Vietnam war who noted that they would have been better off dropping televisions than bombs, because once you have a population hooked on mindless drivel you can do pretty much as you want
Whether the Taliban regain power or not, all the USA did by invading and occupying Afghanistan was create another generation of Jihadists willing to kill Americans. Completely pointless and vile waste of lives already and it'll cost more lives before it's all over.

Blue Haze said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Blue Haze said:

There wasn't. It was a tragic inevitability. As Osama knew well.

Any politician who raised a word in disagreement would have been politically hanged as a traitor.

Getting too powerful after WW2 had its consequences. It gave us the power to act without having to really fear the consequences.

Well you're just the latest in a long line that that could be said of...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.