Going Green to save Planet Earth

I saw an article yesterday on the Daily Mail that confirmed that China are infact the worlds biggest polluters!

I bet they are shitting it now the press are on to them!
China are the number one polluter but they also recognise that fact and they are also one of the world’s leaders at innovating and looking to move to green energy and green solutions.

They mainly started looking at it from their air pollution figures (by the way, Manchester has topped the worst air pollution figures for the whole of Europe a few times and is always up in the top few places. The Green topic is not just about climate!). They found that 2m people a year were dying as a result of poor air quality in Chinese cities (17% of all Chinese deaths), and the problem of air pollution was costing China £500bn a year. This then lead to more investment in the field and they are even building entirely green cities now.

China is making its energy companies get 40% of their energy from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030.

China is also a leader in investing in green initiatives worldwide. They invested US$31bn worldwide in 2019 alone.

They’re actually doing more around this than nearly everyone else in the world.

I mentioned Manchester’s poor air quality above and how Green issues are not just about the climate…

Recently on NW Tonight, it was reported that life expectancy in Manchester is going down. In the 2020s (not the 1820s!) it’s fucking going DOWN! And the figures are from before Covid hit.

I live in Chorley too, and i'm of too Whitby next weekend, though defo going in my diesel 4x4...
Another one in Chorley here (Euxton)!

I'm not going to Whitby anytime soon but I had to drive my diesel into Manchester the other week because it's £46 return for 2 people to go on the train!

We parked on the car park on Sheffield Street for 2 nights behind Piccadilly station, £8......

With all the news on climate armageddon and OAPS using super glue to stick themselves to roads I thought I need to change my behaviour.....ditch my diesel car.....go green.....do my bit.......so, me and family off for a week in Whitby, I priced up the train cost for 2 adults and child return from Chorley.....it cost £500 standard train fare and took 5 hrs+ !!! ..... we have no chance really do we until it costs billions with flooding and major weather events..... nothing will change from COP26....blah blah blah - anyone think we can avoid this?
An off-peak return from Chorley to Whitby for two adults and a child is £209.25.

I still think that's too much to convince people to use public transport, but it's not £500+ unless you're going first class.

I was watching that programme Shop Well for the Planet and it pissed me off how much of this is placed on individuals. The term 'carbon footprint' comes from a BP campaign because like tobacco companies, they know that if they can shift the blame onto individuals, they can carry on as normal selling their stuff. If you made companies pay the true cost of recycling their products through taxes, you know that Coca Cola would come up with a new type of packaging within a few years. Whereas if we want anything other than tap water, we basically have no choice but to get a plastic bottle. Loads of shops don't even sell cans any more because bottles are bigger and therefore more expensive.

But inspired by this programme, I thought I'd have a look in the Body Shop, because they do refillable shampoo. Three times the price as my normal shampoo. And to be fair, it's no more expensive than their normal shampoo, but it's just another example of the environmental option being the premium option. Nobody is selling own-brand shampoo in refillable bottles, for example. Having said that, maybe the actual eco-friendly option is not to use shampoo at all. It's not technically necessary.
This is a great post and hits the nail on the head. I WANT to be more eco-friendly than I currently am, but the prices and hassle involved make it difficult.

RE-refillable shampoo, have a look into bar shampoo. It's like bars of soap. Works just as good as liquid shampoo IMO.

China are the number one polluter but they also recognise that fact and they are also one of the world’s leaders at innovating and looking to move to green energy and green solutions.

They mainly started looking at it from their air pollution figures (by the way, Manchester has topped the worst air pollution figures for the whole of Europe a few times and is always up in the top few places. The Green topic is not just about climate!). They found that 2m people a year were dying as a result of poor air quality in Chinese cities (17% of all Chinese deaths), and the problem of air pollution was costing China £500bn a year. This then lead to more investment in the field and they are even building entirely green cities now.

China is making its energy companies get 40% of their energy from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030.

China is also a leader in investing in green initiatives worldwide. They invested US$31bn worldwide in 2019 alone.

They’re actually doing more around this than nearly everyone else in the world.
their C02 output hit a record output for the year ending March 2021 and that with covid of course and they currently emit more than all the developed countries combined and under the UN Convention will be seen as a developing nation for decades to come.

they are building coal fired power stations like they are going out of style and their carbon footprint will continue to sky rocket for decades to come while the EU , the UK , the US and countries like Australia lambast each other behind closed doors basically paying lip service to climate change while China gets dirtier and more powerful by the day.

Ask the state run press and the CCP and they will say covid didn't emanate in China and bodies like the UN and the WHO haven't the courage or the conviction to make them accountable.

The world wide approach to climate change will make a corrupt communist Government like China more powerful and the West weaker and whether we like it or not you need to emit a lot of CO2 to build your military spending to at least 5 per cent of your GDP and the West needs to do it in a hurry.

their C02 output hit a record output for the year ending March 2021 and that with covid of course and they currently emit more than all the developed countries combined and under the UN Convention will be seen as a developing nation for decades to come.

they are building coal fired power stations like they are going out of style and their carbon footprint will continue to sky rocket for decades to come while the EU , the UK , the US and countries like Australia lambast each other behind closed doors basically paying lip service to climate change while China gets dirtier and more powerful by the day.

Ask the state run press and the CCP and they will say covid didn't emanate in China and bodies like the UN and the WHO haven't the courage or the conviction to make them accountable.

The world wide approach to climate change will make a corrupt communist Government like China more powerful and the West weaker and whether we like it or not you need to emit a lot of CO2 to build your military spending to at least 5 per cent of your GDP and the West needs to do it in a hurry.
5% of GDP on military spending? Good luck with that.
Not even the US spends that much (3.7%) and China's currently on just 1.7%.
World average is 2.4%.

5% of GDP on military spending? Good luck with that.
Not even the US spends that much (3.7%) and China's currently on just 1.7%.
World average is 2.4%.
That is what some governments will have to consider particularly the US .

Even though the figure you quote in relation to China is from the World Bank and other sources its difficult to say other than its strongly believed their military spending in on the increase just how much they are spending.

You do know that during world war 11 around 40 per cent of USA GDP was spent on its military.

if China invades Taiwan which senior US military officials are saying is a distinct possibility in the next 5 years , 5 per cent will seem like chicken feed.

I doubt you would believe the Covid figures coming out of China and I doubt you would believe the CCP when they say they have an unblemished record on human rights.

I don't trust a lot of the detail coming out of China including their military spend , not all the coal and other raw materials they obtain is used for burning to produce steam and building hospitals in record time.

That is what some governments will have to consider particularly the US .

Even though the figure you quote in relation to China is from the World Bank and other sources its difficult to say other than its strongly believed their military spending in on the increase just how much they are spending.

You do know that during world war 11 around 40 per cent of USA GDP was spent on its military.

if China invades Taiwan which senior US military officials are saying is a distinct possibility in the next 5 years , 5 per cent will seem like chicken feed.

I doubt you would believe the Covid figures coming out of China and I doubt you would believe the CCP when they say they have an unblemished record on human rights.

I don't trust a lot of the detail coming out of China including their military spend , not all the coal and other raw materials they obtain is used for burning to produce steam and building hospitals in record time.
So you were serious and your 5% figure wasn't based on a misunderstanding.
Now you're using military spending during WW2 as some sort of justification for your point.
Further discussion is pointless as usual.

An off-peak return from Chorley to Whitby for two adults and a child is £209.25.

I still think that's too much to convince people to use public transport, but it's not £500+ unless you're going first class.
I also reside in Chorley, and we should travel first class as it is expected of us. I won’t be going to Whitby though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.