Going to watch other teams

ftg89

Team supported
Manchester City
I just can’t do it!

Here’s some example of recent things I’ve seen…

Old uni friend on fb… he’s a united fan but went to Wembley to watch Luton in a Luton shirt.

Mate who is a season ticket holder at Fulham has been with me to watch City, worn a City shirt and just been to Wembley to watch Luton in a Luton shirt.

Guy who comes with me to games (brings his young son who is a city fan) is a lifelong Reading fan but now wears a City shirt.

Uncle goes to watch his local team in national league north because as he says, he will hardly ever get to watch a game a anfield.

I look out for Norwich result because I used to play for the academy. I look out for Peterborough for same reasons but I wouldn’t go watch them let alone spend my money on it. Ever since my dad took me to Maine Road in 96 it’s just been City I’m interested in watching live and spending money on! Maybe it’s just me, what’s your take?

I've been to games as a neutral with a mate if there was a ticket going spare. Certainly don't put their shirt on or cheer for them though.

I lived in Milan for a couple of years though and I used to go watch AC Milan quite often at the San Siro, you could get tickets for about €10. Funnily enough, I never wanted to watch Inter. I think its because someome brought me a fake AC Milan shirt back from holiday when I was a kid, so I adopted them as the Italian team I'd look out for, so in Milan it was a no brainer between the two if I fancied watching some footy.

I go see my home town team Bolton a couple of times a year when I meet up with lads I grew up with there in the 1970's.

I also used to go and see my local club, Rossendale Utd, at their Dark Lane ground back in the 1980's in the North West Counties Premier which was 5 levels below League 2. Their derby game used to be Accrington Stanley with about 400 hardy souls watching in driving horizontal rain on the hills. Sadly they went bust and disappeared after 113 years of semi professional football. Just another new housing estate with not a trace of the old ground.

Not habitually. Would have gone to a derby or cup game for Altrincham when I still lived there but haven't been to a match of theirs in 7 years. Local club now would be Galway United. I've been a handful of times over the years and can't warm to it. The standard of football requires a drink to enjoy, I don't do that anymore and even when I did, Friday night matches with no public transport back to where I live made it complicated to get home.

I have only been to one Premier League game as a neutral (Fulham v Aston Villa). Even then, I was only there to buy a ticket for when City were at Craven Cottage the week after. I was in the neutral end and went and sat with the Villa fans instead after being gobsmacked at seeing a Fulham fan wipe the seat before sitting down.

My local team is Morecambe, I go a handful of times a season when city are away mainly. I don't really care if they win or lose, but a lot of people I know go.

This season I went to every level of football down to NW Counties. Was a lot of fun, took in a lot of standards, from City 4-0 R Madrid, to Chorlton Vs Padiham Town.

I don't think I denied any fan of their team a ticket at any point, which I wouldn't be keen on doing, as I mostly paid on the door or picked up general sale in the days running up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.