Going to watch other teams

I once got tickets for Sevilla in the europa final at Hampden. Free of course. No interest in going to see anybody apart from a couple of teams. I’m available for the final in Turkey, if anybody wants to take me? No time wasters please.

When I first moved to France went to see Saint-Etienne a few times, and then Olympique Lyonnais (who I've come to regard as my second team, if I have one). Didn't ever think about wearing kit or scarves at either place, though. When I lived in Tokyo went to see the world club championship between Liverpool and I forget who. Joke tournament really, never been able to take it seriously, but I was suffering so much from not seeing live football that I think I would have gone to see anything.
Went to London grounds as a neutral when I first started following football, way back. Just loved it for the spectacle, especially when they would turn the floodlights on on winter afternoons. Was totally in love with football, nuts about it in fact. Loved my cricket, too, in those years. Then we moved to Manchester, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Not quite as magical as it once was, but there's just no substitute for going to a stadium.

Went and watched Valencia v Barca at the Mestalla and Benfica v CSKA at the stadium of light.
Sat in the home end and cheered them on. Wouldn't wear another teams shirt though. My wife was going to wear her "SILVA" City shirt at Valencia but I thought it might not be a great idea.

If I was young and energetic (and I'm neither) I might be tempted to spend a season going around small teams with cool names like Havant and Waterlooville, Civil Service Strollers and Bonnyrigg Rose. It would cost a bomb, but I bet you could have a lot of fun. There'd probably be a book in it.

If I was young and energetic (and I'm neither) I might be tempted to spend a season going around small teams with cool names like Havant and Waterlooville, Civil Service Strollers and Bonnyrigg Rose. It would cost a bomb, but I bet you could have a lot of fun. There'd probably be a book in it.
My mate went to watch Rothes vs Ft. William 2-1 (I should have gone too but work got in the way!)
At the time Rothes were bottom of the Highland league with something like -127 GD. It was quite a shock when they won that night as they were normally the wrong side of 5 goals plus canings!
Rothes are now doing much, much better!

I have been to a lot of Stockport and Oldham games I enjoy going its like watching City in the bad / good old days when where we were crap but great atmosphere. I'd never wear any club shirt but City though.

I went to Maine Road in 1979 (as I imagine a few on here of a certain age did) to 'support' Altrincham against Spurs in FA Cup replay. I only lived five minutes from the ground and never missed a game - even if it wasn't City!

I will watch non-league locally.

Been to a few Fulham games and pre me being a season ticket holder I went to a few Stockport games as the tickets were handed out as freebies for local schools.

Nothing wrong with watching other teams out of the league, well as long as your not taking the ticket away from an actual fan.

I have been to a lot of Stockport and Oldham games I enjoy going its like watching City in the bad / good old days when where we were crap but great atmosphere. I'd never wear any club shirt but City though.
I collect football shirts and often wear Malaga, Union Berlin etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.