Goldenballs Beckham

great work rate/commitment/right fooot/passing......but age is against him now......doubt he would come to us anyway.......

I think the whole thing is wonderful, I hope they drive him out of the MLS, the guy is totally classless and seems to think he can act one way and then say something else and everyone will go along with it, he is the poster rag.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
I think the whole thing is wonderful, I hope they drive him out of the MLS, the guy is totally classless and seems to think he can act one way and then say something else and everyone will go along with it, he is the poster rag.
Totally agree

I think he's orchastrating it himself.

Posh wants to stay there so maybe a couple of "threats" on his kids may change her mind.

It's all about team beckham staying in the press for WC year.

mat said:

I think he's orchastrating it himself.

Posh wants to stay there so maybe a couple of "threats" on his kids may change her mind.

It's all about team beckham staying in the press for WC year.
Surely it screws up brand-Beckham though?

(and Juninho for lyon is a lot better at free kicks)

Amazing player Juninho.

Last time I checked, he was a free agent, then moved to a team called Al-Gharafa. Apparently Lyon did not want him anymore due to age reasons.

But the results in the league make me think that Juninho was missed in Lyon squad last year, you can have the best forward, but if you don't have someone to give him the ball...

Riquelme is another player I highly respect. Interesting thing, when Riquelme quit playing for Argentina, due to conflict with Maradona, the team started to play bad...

I think is hard to find this kind of player who can distribute the ball with precision, who can read the game and keep a cool head, plus be a danger with free kicks and corners.

Am I the only one to think that our passing was really bad and corners and freekicks potential was not used as it should have been?

Pam said:
Had another little confrontation with a fan, I hear.

I watched the game Pam (I was desperate for my footie fix at the weekend!) and it was "a storm in a tea-cup" really. Some balloon with an old England shirt on shouted something to him from the stand when he was taking a throw-in, FYI - they actually played Kansas in a Minor League Baseball stadium so the stadium set up was really weird looking and the stand was very close on the that side. Beckham shouted something back and you clearly heard him say "but you've got an England shirt on" According to the press the balloon shouted something about Bekhmas wife, then you saw Beckham shaking hands with a guy with an England top on and a pint in his hand, so presumably this was the same guy..........a lot of fuss about nothing really!

This said, I cant stand the guy (Beckham) and he has really messed up over here, but he is pissed off without a doubt and even in his declining years he is way (Way!) above the MLS and that no doubt thats affecting him big time. I actually felt sorry for him during the game as he cut a very lonely figure out there on the park, a sort of Billy-No-Mates.......... The sooner he packs his bags and goes back to Milan the better for all concerned........just as long as its not to the COMS i will sleep easy in my bed at night!!

BufordUSABlue said:
Pam said:
Had another little confrontation with a fan, I hear.

I watched the game Pam (I was desperate for my footie fix at the weekend!) and it was "a storm in a tea-cup" really. Some balloon with an old England shirt on shouted something to him from the stand when he was taking a throw-in, FYI - they actually played Kansas in a Minor League Baseball stadium so the stadium set up was really weird looking and the stand was very close on the that side. Beckham shouted something back and you clearly heard him say "but you've got an England shirt on" According to the press the balloon shouted something about Bekhmas wife, then you saw Beckham shaking hands with a guy with an England top on and a pint in his hand, so presumably this was the same guy..........a lot of fuss about nothing really!

This said, I cant stand the guy (Beckham) and he has really messed up over here, but he is pissed off without a doubt and even in his declining years he is way (Way!) above the MLS and that no doubt thats affecting him big time. I actually felt sorry for him during the game as he cut a very lonely figure out there on the park, a sort of Billy-No-Mates.......... The sooner he packs his bags and goes back to Milan the better for all concerned........just as long as its not to the COMS i will sleep easy in my bed at night!!
He reminds me of Stan Collymore in his last days at Nottingham Forest, when he scored a goal and turned to accept his onrushing teammates, only to see that they had already turned around and were walking back for the restart!

BufordUSABlue said:

He reminds me of Stan Collymore in his last days at Nottingham Forest, when he scored a goal and turned to accept his onrushing teammates, only to see that they had already turned around and were walking back for the restart!

Very true and also very apt DLBIA !!

Id have him in a world cup year... I've said this before (hear me out) I think I would sign him on a years deal with an extension available at the end of it on a "pay as you play" basis. I think he could do a job at least short term as he would want to progress into the world cup team with it being his last chance. Plus I think he would be great around the younger players such as Wies (sp?) and the like. No doubt he would also sell some shirts not to mention piss Fegrie and the Rags off something wrotten... Yeh I agree I cant stand him but what a perfect time to sign him, world cups 1 season away and he has to prove himself plus he wouldnt want to come back here and fail as he would be hung, drawn and quartered by the press. So one season for me, he did well at Milan so why not at City?
*Waits for abuse ;-)*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.