Golf clubs for beginners

shadygiz said:
make sure you get progressive cavity back clubs mate and get a medium flex shaft...this is basic set up for beginners....stay away from blade type clubs and carbon shafts for the time being

i have a my old full set of cavity backs here with a golf bag if you want to make a cheap start, was going to save them for my lad

if you want to experience on course play, then get off to castle hawk at middleton....£8 a round, they have a 9 hole long course or a 18 hole par 3 short course....no special clothes or shoes needed and everyone else is just as crap, so no worries about looking a tart when you slice it ;)

As a physicist, that confuses the hell out of me.

I presume he's using the same hand as you.

I've watched some hilarious golfers locally, but they *did* comply with the costs, dress code.

Might investigate further :)<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:22 pm --<br /><br />In Scotland, its municipal where teenagers have a full set of clubs and play after school.

We need more of that in England.

Get ready for the hardest most frustrating sport known to man but my god the thrill when you hit the sweet spot will have you hooked.

cloughy said:
Get ready for the hardest most frustrating sport known to man but my god the thrill when you hit the sweet spot will have you hooked.

It goes a very long way - hahahahahahahaha

Love golf, got hooked 5 years ago, off to Castle Cave in Hull for a couple of days with 20 lads from Fairfield, good company and a good p*ss up too !!

cloughy said:

So fucking frustrating lol. I dont play much anymore but while I didn't play for close to a year I seemed to improve, I put it down to growing up being more patient and not just trying to hit the fuck out of the ball and letting my swing do the work. Love to play more but I can't afford it and I only really play in the summer because playing in winter does my nut in, rather be playing a game of football and it seems to get more stressful for me when its cold lol

invest in some lessons, will improve your game better than any new set of sticks could

The manager of the old place I worked with every year he would change his clubs without fail even in some cases twice a year never understood it he was a decent golfer. He played off 5 but in his view after a while he would notice something wrong about them or a new better set would be out and he would just buy them. I remember one of the outings we had and were short of the a prize. He ended up giving a lovely set of Gallaway Golf Clubs and a bag for the winner that he only bought after in his words a nightmare round he got 28 points on the day which wasnt a bad score on the day. He must of wasted a lot of money on golf over the years.

Re: Re: Golf clubs for beginners

pauldominic said:
PhuketBlue said:
I would guess at that price you'd be looking at 2nd hand, or clearance models.

Petty you couldn't stretch a bit further or maybe save up?

For £399 I've purchased a full set of brand new wilson's + a bag.

driver - 460 cc head
3 wood
3 hybrid easier to hit than 3 iron
4 hybrid easier to hit than 4 iron
5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 irons
Pitching and sand wedges
Putter

Just bought these from american golf for £349 they are an excellent club suitable for mid to high handicapers including beginers. The irons are very similar to last years Calloway irons which sell for about £500 just for the irons.
For this price you also get free custom fitting which makes sure the clubs ae suitable for you. If you can afford £349 you will struggle to find a better value for money set of clubs. Call in at your local american golf and ask to try the Wilson Deep Red High MOI package the price has been reduced to £349 this weeek. Good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.