Golf Thread

I’m thinking of re-joining a golf club in the spring after a 12 year absence. I have generally played 3 to 5 times a year since my membership lapsed. I’m thinking my clubs need a series upgrade , I’ve got a 2nd hand Cobra driver and I’ve still got a Ping 5 Wood (wood ) and 20 yrs old Ping putter… My question is , has anybody had a Ping club fitting ? If so what are your thoughts and how much does it cost ?

I presume this has been posted on here but, as I'm not a huge follower of the game, I may well have missed it. Anyhow, it bears repeating.....

If that's genuine, and not some clever photoshop job, then WTF!

It's genuine , a lot of them have a go at that shot during practice for fun but his was the first hole in one like that.

I’m thinking of re-joining a golf club in the spring after a 12 year absence. I have generally played 3 to 5 times a year since my membership lapsed. I’m thinking my clubs need a series upgrade , I’ve got a 2nd hand Cobra driver and I’ve still got a Ping 5 Wood (wood ) and 20 yrs old Ping putter… My question is , has anybody had a Ping club fitting ? If so what are your thoughts and how much does it cost ?
Personally I'd persist with your own gear. Maybe fork out on some lessons and feel your way in from there. You'll know where you're at by mid summer. Pointless getting fitted too soon especially if you've got the swing of a shithouse door.
Persist with the putter. Mine's a twenty year old Odyssey white hot and it still rolls 'em in.

Personally I'd persist with your own gear. Maybe fork out on some lessons and feel your way in from there. You'll know where you're at by mid summer. Pointless getting fitted too soon especially if you've got the swing of a shithouse door.
Persist with the putter. Mine's a twenty year old Odyssey white hot and it still rolls 'em in.
Cheers , I think that’s good sensible advice

A wooden wood might need an upgrade even if only to a second hand modern wood, unless you actively prefer to play with vintage clubs which some people do.
I played with an old Ping putter for many years and couldn't believe the improvement when I got an Odessey, having said that just about the best putter I know plays with an old hickory mallet putter.

Cheers , I think that’s good sensible advice
I just want to echo Gaylord. If you get serious again over the next 12 months, your swing will likely change fairly dramatically.

Much better to spend some cash on lessons, g t your groove back and I’d personally be getting fitted April-May so you still have a good chunk of the summer to play with your new toys.

Looking to book some venues 2022 in and around Lancashire/Manchester area for our golf society - usually we have about 24 of us playing a Friday from April to Sept - but not had a do for few years due to covid.....looking at somewhere different from usual and cost of £40-50 each for day with food - anyone got any good suggestions - good venues for both the golf and food?

Looking to book some venues 2022 in and around Lancashire/Manchester area for our golf society - usually we have about 24 of us playing a Friday from April to Sept - but not had a do for few years due to covid.....looking at somewhere different from usual and cost of £40-50 each for day with food - anyone got any good suggestions - good venues for both the golf and food?

Good ones

Manchester
Withington
Northenden
Hazel grove
Reddish vale
Stockport
Didsbury
Sale
Bolton old links
Houghwood
Bolton
Ashton in makerfield

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.