Golf Thread

Looking for any tips/advice from the Bluemoon golf society !!

My son has been advised he has been successful in the ballot for next years open at St Andrews ( wednesday & Friday)

Any suggestions for good places to stay not to far away with good/easy travel links

Thanks !

Looking for any tips/advice from the Bluemoon golf society !!

My son has been advised he has been successful in the ballot for next years open at St Andrews ( wednesday & Friday)

Any suggestions for good places to stay not to far away with good/easy travel links

Thanks !
If he’s young enough to “rough” it, rent a Camper Van or take a tent. The hotels are mega expensive, when me and my mate go to the Open we are there for about 12 hours. Never done the overnight but I would imagine it’s just somewhere to get a kip, golf, pub, kip, repeat, what’s not to like?

If he’s young enough to “rough” it, rent a Camper Van or take a tent. The hotels are mega expensive, when me and my mate go to the Open we are there for about 12 hours. Never done the overnight but I would imagine it’s just somewhere to get a kip, golf, pub, kip, repeat, what’s not to like?
Cheers !
He is in his twentys so hell be fine roughing it lol
I've only ever been to the open for the day myself previously and as you say it is somewhere to get your head down after a day at the golf & a few beers !!

Cheers !
He is in his twentys so hell be fine roughing it lol
I've only ever been to the open for the day myself previously and as you say it is somewhere to get your head down after a day at the golf & a few beers !!
I wasn’t successful in the ballot, he should have a great time and could get a round in between the days he’s going, 150th Open, should be brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.