Golf Thread

Are you going to have a game with Dean when he comes over.

You two numpties need both to come over and play here. but wait until it's not face meltingly hot. I only played in the heat last week coz I got invited onto Austin Country Club.

Offer is open to any blue mooners passing through Texas who want a round of golf.

You two numpties need both to come over and play here. but wait until it's not face meltingly hot. I only played in the heat last week coz I got invited onto Austin Country Club.

Offer is open to any blue mooners passing through Texas who want a round of golf.

I`d love it
images

I've seen the matchplay at Austin CC on TV and it looks really interesting, but pretty tough - what's it like for an amateur?

I've seen the matchplay at Austin CC on TV and it looks really interesting, but pretty tough - what's it like for an amateur?

I play to a 12... I've played pretty well there 3 times, and shot 100, 97, and 88. If you aren't putting, it will eat you up. If you miss the green on the wrong side, you will double. If you can't hit a fairway, you are lost. Other than that, it's pretty easy. My playing partner is a 2 handicap, he shot 78 with an eagle.

I suppose I am not bad in playing off 9 and shooting mid 70's on a good day.

For years i was off 16 or thereabouts, and then suddenly and very quickly got playing much, much better. Two simple things changed:

1. I learned to hit it straight. You have little chance of a decent score if your 2nd shot is a drop shot out from behind a bush, or if it's 3 off the tee. Hit the short stuff and a par or bogey (or even a birdie) is the likely outcome. Something like 8 pars, 8 bogeys a double-bogey and a birdie is very very achievable by the average golfer if you hit the fairways regularly! That's a 6 or 7 handicap right there!

2. Concentrate. What a stupid tip, right? No. It was amazing just how many shots I literally gave away each round by not actually taking it seriously. Fluffed chips because I "forgot" to put my weight on the correct foot, for example. Treat every shot like your life depends on it and there's a 4 or 5 shot difference (imo) on every round.

Jorge Campillo top 20 finish 8/1

Pick a grinder if you’re looking for the winner, Carnoustie is tough. Rose or Fleetwood if you wanna fly the flag, Leishman e/w.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.