Golf Thread

Where does everyone play ?
Romiley GC
Macclesfield, bloody hilly and hard work.

When I fancy a change it's Buxton&High Peak, Styal, Disley or Davenport. Playing Shrigley Hall on Friday, my only previous time there towards the end of last summer was a pretty chastening experience.

It doesn't matter what you play in reality if you don't hit the centre of the clubface. Practice and lessons are what count.

What are people's thoughts on the new world handicap golf system. I miss playing for the buffer zone. I've certainly noticed how some people are 'managing' more than they used to.

Macclesfield, bloody hilly and hard work.

When I fancy a change it's Buxton&High Peak, Styal, Disley or Davenport. Playing Shrigley Hall on Friday, my only previous time there towards the end of last summer was a pretty chastening experience.
Played Macc once , I enjoyed it but it was a nice weather .

As we get older obviously our club head speed decreases. One way to alleviate this is by fitting a lighter driver shaft. I'm using a 45 gram shaft which is probably the lightest you can get. Still carry the ball the same as 20 years ago and I'm nearly 60.
Different tale for me. I went to a titleist fitting recently and was put in to heavier shafts. Really improved my timing and my swing was faster as a result. Irons were pure and my driver was way more accurate and longer to boot.

Not been fit before, just played off the shelf.

Ok I’d definitely have a fitting. If you’re just starting out, you want your irons in particular to be giving you as much help as possible - the sets you linked have different strengths, some are aimed at high handicappers, some are for better players that like to shape the ball more.

Ideally, a lesson or two and then a fitting would be the way to go.
Been having a look round and there is an American Golf I can get to near my office, I hear its a mixed bag in terms of the service people have received. Its free so inclined to give it a go and see what I get out of it.

It also turns out that a mate of mine has a pal who is a golf coach so going to look at getting some lessons booked in with him and see how that goes. £55 for an hour but I could split that with a mate. He does an offer of 6 lessons for price of 5 so inclined to go with that and split it with my mate. So basically 3hrs of lessons for £140.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.