Golf Thread

It's a good point you've made. It's down to the weather, a golf tour should be playable throughout the year, the American PGA tour basically follows the good weather starting in Hawaii then California and generally moving east through the year. The European tour has to move out of Europe because of the shit weather or it would only last for 6 months.
But isn't there African and Asian tours? Also; why should it be played all year round? Why can't they have the equivalent of Football's close season? Let me guess; money?

But isn't there African and Asian tours?
Of course but the prize money on those tours is insignificant. There's a pecking order in golf, the PGA tour is top dog by a distance, every professional golfer wants to play on it. The DP World tour which is the old European tour is next. Every other tour are feeders for them.

Of course but the prize money on those tours is insignificant. There's a pecking order in golf, the PGA tour is top dog by a distance, every professional golfer wants to play on it. The DP World tour which is the old European tour is next. Every other tour are feeders for them.
So; as I suspected. Money. But thanks for clarifying.

But isn't there African and Asian tours? Also; why should it be played all year round? Why can't they have the equivalent of Football's close season? Let me guess; money?
Golfers pick and choose when and where they play, there's no obligation on them to play a certain number of tournaments, as long as they earn enough points they retain their playing privileges on their tours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.