Golf Thread

Well I’m sure no one gives a toss but the new course is bloody lovely.

I don’t even want to discuss how badly I scored but it started with a rope hook and an 8 on the first hole. We saw over a dozen monitor lizards, countless monkeys and a couple of alligators. Best thing is hearing the waves break on the beach whilst playing the back 9. Very happy day’s golf.

View attachment 22602

View attachment 22603
View attachment 22604

View attachment 22606
Looks like a stunner bud. Lets see what it looks like in a few weeks after you've been hacking it up on a daily basis ;-)

Looks like a stunner bud. Lets see what it looks like in a few weeks after you've been hacking it up on a daily basis ;-)
Well based on how I played yesterday, the fairways will still be great, the rough won’t have much cover left though.

Had similar to this yesterday. Front nine, shot 52, back 9 shot 39. Didn’t help that the front nine, the rough was basically a water hazard. One foot into it and the ball was a goner, hadn’t lost a ball in about ten rounds, lost five by the seventh hole!

Its a recurring theme for me though. Think I need to do a bit more practice before teeing off as it seems to be taking me nine holes to sort out how my game is that day and fix it!

This is definitely a pattern for me now. First nine the other day, 48, back nine 35. Wasn’t as if the back nine was easier, it just seems to take me nine holes to get going! So frustrating though as there’s clearly a really good round in there somewhere!

This is definitely a pattern for me now. First nine the other day, 48, back nine 35. Wasn’t as if the back nine was easier, it just seems to take me nine holes to get going! So frustrating though as there’s clearly a really good round in there somewhere!

83 isn’t too bad unless you were playing heaton park pitch and putt.

Had some golf lessons recently (never had any previously) as I have never really been able to hit a decent iron and a small tweak to my left hand (to make it neutral) and I’m hitting them really well… My driver’s gone off a cliff since however so until I sort it I bought a Lynx VT driving iron..

Played at the fabulous Eaton GC near Chester yesterday and ended up with 44 points with two blobs on my card and not a single Wood hit the whole round.. the driving iron was straight as a die and with the dry fairways the ball ran and ran… Happy Days

Set myself the goal of breaking 80 at my home course this year, Its pretty tough. I've shot in the 70s at other courses but never my home course. Par 72
Last week hit an 81 and 80 both time with doubles on the 18th to blow it.
Played Yesterday and shot a 44 on the front 9 so just put any thoughts to bed and played with out a care. Shot -2 34 on the back for a 78!! Fucking stupid game

Sounds like you may need a longer warm up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.