Golf Thread

I`m 68 years old and played off 6 or 7 handicap for 23 years. I 1st picked up a golf club in 1978. Over the last 12 years illness and age have taken its toll on my body and game. As you get older you cant turn the same and in my case I can`t get down to read putt`s. I also have to stop playing when they restrict buggies to paths which is usually the winter month from the end of September through to April

The lockdown prevented us all from playing golf. For 15 months I couldn`t play and I struggled to keep any fitness. My game crumbled along with my agility, my handicap went up to 18.

Then a friend of mine bought a swing stick, this is a longer and more flexible shaft than in a traditional golf clubs with a weight on one end. In theory it helps your mobility and strength if you swing it as many times as you can daily. I tried it and it felt terrible but I thought I`d buy one and practice with it.

2 months of swinging this thing helped get my timing back so it felt comfortable to swing, I also felt like I could turn better.

Yesterday I played in the comp at the club in the midweek Stableford comp and got 49 points. We all know the ups and downs of golf no one more than me. We know this could be yet another false dawn but fingers crossed. This gadget has helped me get more agility to at least swing something like again.

I`m hitting it further and straighter too.
Fucking bandit.

Some may think its petty but It does pee me off. .Watching the ladies this evening and the captions coming on Win, Lose or Tie. FFS, it's a half not a tie. And at the conclusion of the game it's all square, not tied
Didn’t see any golf tonight, but I totally agree. Was it American commentary ?

I think our only hope of winning the Cup is if the American team self combust from within, there’s a lot of ego’s there, I’m thinking of one in particular. Harrington’s picked his mates which is never a good idea, Poulter and Sergio are just too old now.

I think our only hope of winning the Cup is if the American team self combust from within, there’s a lot of ego’s there, I’m thinking of one in particular. Harrington’s picked his mates which is never a good idea, Poulter and Sergio are just too old now.
Sergio always ups his game in Ryder Cup though gonna be a rough couple of days with no European fans there

Sergio always ups his game in Ryder Cup though gonna be a rough couple of days with no European fans there
He does and his short game will help in the foursomes if he’s paired with one of our bigger hitters. Not sure how the team will set out to deal with the crowd, usually there’s a bit of shushing if we win a whole but it may not be the best idea to wind the crowd up this time.

He does and his short game will help in the foursomes if he’s paired with one of our bigger hitters. Not sure how the team will set out to deal with the crowd, usually there’s a bit of shushing if we win a whole but it may not be the best idea to wind the crowd up this time.
countless get in the holes from.the tee on par 5s this weekend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.