Golf tips

I'm a 9 handicapper and never been higher than 13. Not bad for an old git. I only hit a drive about 190 but being straight and accurate is what matters in golf. Distance is great but not if it puts you in the crap. Practice your 7 iron up.

Routine is one of the most important things in golf, but overlooked by so many club golfers.
Everything in golf needs to be simple and repeatable, a good routine takes out the overthinking and enables you to commit fully to each stroke.
So build a repeatable routine, Stick to it every single time, especially when practicing!
You should have the same routine for your woods, irons and wedges, and a different one for on and around the greens, putting and chipping.

There are two ways to spot a good golfer, one is how they address the ball, and the other is their pre-shot routine!

My routine served me well, for many years as a scratch golfer.
Although I haven’t swung a club for five years now (shoulder problems) I still miss it every single day, my wife doesn’t though!

Routine is one of the most important things in golf, but overlooked by so many club golfers.
Everything in golf needs to be simple and repeatable, a good routine takes out the overthinking and enables you to commit fully to each stroke.
So build a repeatable routine, Stick to it every single time, especially when practicing!
You should have the same routine for your woods, irons and wedges, and a different one for on and around the greens, putting and chipping.

There are two ways to spot a good golfer, one is how they address the ball, and the other is their pre-shot routine!

My routine served me well, for many years as a scratch golfer.
Although I haven’t swung a club for five years now (shoulder problems) I still miss it every single day, my wife doesn’t though!
This is very true. The better knowledge I have and the better I get the longer I take at address.

I'm a 9 handicapper and never been higher than 13. Not bad for an old git. I only hit a drive about 190 but being straight and accurate is what matters in golf. Distance is great but not if it puts you in the crap. Practice your 7 iron up.

On the courses I play here in Valencia if you hit your driver 190 yards (170 meters) you’ll be needing a three wood to get to the green. I played Heron’s Reach last year and the noticeable difference was the distance. When I got home I compared the scorecards the courses here are 10-15% longer. Makes a big difference hitting a 5 iron to every green.

Thinking of starting up again, it's been about 10 years since I last played. Hit a few balls on the range once or twice since then, had a knock in the garden the other day with some air balls, and I've still got it. Can anyone recommend any decent clubs in the Cheshire area?

Which part. There are millions....

Personally, I question the value of club membership, you can play many clubs for 20 odd quid a round

Never been a golfer, used to enjoy smashing balls on a driving range though. I remember a few years ago whilst working near Torquay. Got to site at 9am and job was binned due to some breach in health and safety. My workmate had a set of clubs his Mrs bought out of the catalogue he was keen to try out.

We went on the nearest driving range and I just got the biggest club they had and set about whalloping 50 balls as far as I could.

My mate was a hairy little ginger fucker, looked somewhere between Gordon Strachan and Les Battersby. He started shuffling about over the ball, shorts on revealing his hairy ginger orangutan bow legs. He kept on shuffling whilst tentatively bringing the club back over his shoulder, shaking like a shitting dog. He looked a right ****. "Just hit the fuckin' ball" I said. He did and missed but he was oblivious to missing it as his eyes strained the horizon whilst the ball was still sat on the tee. I was pissing my sides. Same again, the Terry griffiths of golf repeated his paint drying procedure to finally to try and hit the ball, and same again. The club swung over the ball but this time the ball fell off the tee. I was almost on the floor creased over laughing at the clueless ****. Next shot he was determined to send the ball straight down the range. He swung at the ball and the ball somehow hit the roof! I couldn't stop laughing. When I stopped laughing I suggested he find the nearest Cash Converters and we go on the piss. He wouldn't go with me on the driving range again after that.

It was a similar thread to this one a couple of years ago that got me playing golf again after i’d all but given up. Someone mentioned the L to L swing which I then went to research and from there i’ve Watched hours and hours of coaching videos and probably knocked 15 shots off my rounds.

Since this thread started i’ve Realized that I was slicing the ball again because I was making my grip weaker instead of stronger. I’ve just spent last night and this morning watching pre-shot routine videos and I do it exactly the wrong way every time. So i’m buzzing to get to the range tomorrow and start practicing again. I know I can get my handicap back down to around ten if i’m Patient. Fucking love it, nice one thread!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.