Good Article in the Independent

Only Stephen Ireland has responded in the correct fashion , he wasn't happy with only one good personal performance evry fifteen or so games and decided to do something positive about it ....... what that article says there about the likes of Elano , Richards and Johnson is most probably true ....... if you want to be a winner you have to act and perform as one , you HAVE to take up the mantle and do your job to the best of your ability , both in training and in matches home and away ...... and as i've alread said only Ireland is doing that with any real degree of consistency ...... some , such as Zabaleta , SWP and Hart can also hold their heads high ...... but others who do not need to be named are clearly not doing themselves , Hughes , or the club , justice.

Last month Robinho was absolutely right about ALL our players needing to develop a 'we will not be beaten' attitude ..... although there are clearly times when he needs to adopt that same attitude himself ...... if he wants to be the best player in the world then he has to make things happen a lot more than he currently does for City ....... and he's right to talk of the same demands for his teamates.

Mark Hughes , for his part , can only try to get his own job right , he'll make mistakes .... but he HAS to learn from them and act more wisely , not too mention positively , next time around ....... he can't do it alone though and he has a right to expect his well paid players to respond as well as they possibly can do in each match ...... they owe each and every supporter who turns to to watch them that much too!

Some excellent advice there though regarding transfer targets , with only one or two notably poor exceptions.

You pays your money and takes your choice I guess :)

If you have faith in Hughes (and we will include ADUG) then the following will happen:

The players who do not fit Hughes management style will leave.

Hughes will buy players that fit his management style.

Now are we all agreed on this? So no problem then. No need for alarm and everything will be tickity boo. As long as you have faith in Hughes that is.

As a side note the thing that amuses me is the whole TBH affair. Hands up all those who thought aside from Jo (pre Hughes) and Robinho (special case) that Hughes sanctioned transfers? You know the whole Hughes doesn't stand for any interference blah, blah.

So assuming that we have near unaminous show of hands are you not a tad surprised to read Hughes washing his hands of TBH and pointing the finger of blame elsewhere? The inference been "we want to buy TBH we think he will be good for us so just nod your head Marky boy and we will get that in motion". You would have thought that Hughes knowing money was tight would have said 'hang in a minute let me assess the player and maybe we can get someone who I know is good for the same money'. And how do you think TBH or any of the other players named feel when they pick up the paper * and read that the manager thinks signing them was a huge mistake - and yeah I know harsh but fair in TBH's case :) - would you bust a gut for the guy come match day or in training? I wouldn't I'd tell him to f**K off and then look for a new club.

After Cook's patronising "Mark likes his comfort zone" comments and seeing how the players have or in most cases seemingly have not taken to Hughes are you 100% convinced that Hughes actually has much of a say in how the club is run or in what direction it is going outside of remote coaching (ie his staff) the players he ends up with? Or does Hughes only get to agree with what Cook thinks is the right way to go?

As I said you pays your money and you takes your choice

* I wil assume that they run the same story in the Daily Sport

BobKowalski said:
You pays your money and takes your choice I guess :)

If you have faith in Hughes (and we will include ADUG) then the following will happen:

The players who do not fit Hughes management style will leave.

Hughes will buy players that fit his management style.

Now are we all agreed on this? So no problem then. No need for alarm and everything will be tickity boo. As long as you have faith in Hughes that is.

As a side note the thing that amuses me is the whole TBH affair. Hands up all those who thought aside from Jo (pre Hughes) and Robinho (special case) that Hughes sanctioned transfers? You know the whole Hughes doesn't stand for any interference blah, blah.

So assuming that we have near unaminous show of hands are you not a tad surprised to read Hughes washing his hands of TBH and pointing the finger of blame elsewhere? The inference been "we want to buy TBH we think he will be good for us so just nod your head Marky boy and we will get that in motion". You would have thought that Hughes knowing money was tight would have said 'hang in a minute let me assess the player and maybe we can get someone who I know is good for the same money'. And how do you think TBH or any of the other players named feel when they pick up the paper * and read that the manager thinks signing them was a huge mistake - and yeah I know harsh but fair in TBH's case :) - would you bust a gut for the guy come match day or in training? I wouldn't I'd tell him to f**K off and then look for a new club.

After Cook's patronising "Mark likes his comfort zone" comments and seeing how the players have or in most cases seemingly have not taken to Hughes are you 100% convinced that Hughes actually has much of a say in how the club is run or in what direction it is going outside of remote coaching (ie his staff) the players he ends up with? Or does Hughes only get to agree with what Cook thinks is the right way to go?

As I said you pays your money and you takes your choice

* I wil assume that they run the same story in the Daily Sport

makeing points about hearsay is pointless.

Citysmith said:
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...divided-city-to-build-for-future-1204882.html

Some very good points made about Hughes, I for one enjoyed the read and have fingers crossed that it works out for him
It was interesting, but I'm not sure how accurate the "insights" into the players really are.

Most could write something similar, but we'd have no idea if it were true. Why should this be any different?

Seriously impressed with Ireland. So much is down to mental attitude

I see the leaking has had the desired effect with some.

I'll ask them though, do you think public naming and shaming will help the performance of any of the people in the article?

Maybe Micah, although I do have to wonder if he is spending too much time in the gym what his manager and coaching staff is doing by way of targeted training to rectify that. Do they just go into training and do what they please?

Maybe Dunne and Hamann who have been model professionals over years under other managers but are now tarred with the "unprofessional" brush.

Maybe Elano who will be gone in a week. What was to be gained by publically humilitiating him on the way out, no doubt having lost value over the past few weeks as the management go about slagging him.

How about Johnson, a person "struggling with the demands" of modern football, and having to read a weekly article about how this is the case.

Or maybe Jo and Ben Haim who now know that the manager doesn't think they are good enough. Especially Jo, a confidence player lacking confidence. Does anyone actually think this will help their game.

I realise it satisfies some peoples desire to see a public flogging, but can anyone tell me exactly how it will make us play better and start picking up results.

Someone earlier said that Hughes in time is capable of bringing us up to the level of a top 4-6 team. Not good enough, I don't want to be a rich Blackburn with the likes of Bellamy and Warnock who are limited in their ability, but try really hard.

It smacks of the Ramos/Spuds debacle, where the players effectively stopped playing until he got sacked. As good as any manager is if the staff have no respect for you they won't put a shift in knowing the blame will inevitably fall on the manager.

I hope those who do want to play for him can get a few results depsite carrying the other 4 or 5 every game until such time as these wasters can be punted out the door in January.

moomba said:
I see the leaking has had the desired effect with some.

I'll ask them though, do you think public naming and shaming will help the performance of any of the people in the article?

Maybe Micah, although I do have to wonder if he is spending too much time in the gym what his manager and coaching staff is doing by way of targeted training to rectify that. Do they just go into training and do what they please?

Maybe Dunne and Hamann who have been model professionals over years under other managers but are now tarred with the "unprofessional" brush.

Maybe Elano who will be gone in a week. What was to be gained by publically humilitiating him on the way out, no doubt having lost value over the past few weeks as the management go about slagging him.

How about Johnson, a person "struggling with the demands" of modern football, and having to read a weekly article about how this is the case.

Or maybe Jo and Ben Haim who now know that the manager doesn't think they are good enough. Especially Jo, a confidence player lacking confidence. Does anyone actually think this will help their game.

I realise it satisfies some peoples desire to see a public flogging, but can anyone tell me exactly how it will make us play better and start picking up results.

Someone earlier said that Hughes in time is capable of bringing us up to the level of a top 4-6 team. Not good enough, I don't want to be a rich Blackburn with the likes of Bellamy and Warnock who are limited in their ability, but try really hard.

i said that and i dont actuly think you got the point of my post,so your saying being in the top 4 is not good enough???what hughes did with blackburn given time can do the same with us,as in build us up into a top 4 outfit like he built up blackburn to be a top 10 outfit as far as he could with limted resources

leewill31 said:
i said that and i dont actuly think you got the point of my post,so your saying being in the top 4 is not good enough???what hughes did with blackburn given time can do the same with us,as in build us up into a top 4 outfit like he built up blackburn to be a top 10 outfit as far as he could with limted resources

Becoming a consistent 4-6 club in time isn't good enough for us, and while I'm sure he could build us into that sort of club it will take another huge transition to take us any further.

I wish some people would give over on this "it isn't Hughes' squad" bollocks.

It IS his squad. These are the players he has to pick from, train, motivate and try to turn into winners.

Do you think Joe Kinnear bleats that he hasn't signed a player yet? That he shouldn't be judged on his ability until he has signed 11 new players?

Or that Fat Sam, at Blackburn for ONE day doesn't believe that the team he has at the moment is HIS squad? Or Sbragia at Sunderland?

They work with what they've got. Theyt improve them. They pick up results from what they have available.

That principle applies to EVERY manager in ANY organisation.

You get the best use out of the resources at your disposal. That's the essence of management.

So how come it doesn't seem to apply to Hughes? Why is he being judged on having a windfall of £200m to bail him out?

Excuse after excuse after excuse. I'm sure our players are gonna be delighted about this....if Elano cannot come out and criticise the manager then why is it ok for this 'leak' to be published? I can't wait for the day Hughes says goodbye to City and we can get back on track again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.