Good choice of discount from the club

I’m not deliberately being controversial but it’s hardly a great gesture by the club discounting tickets by over thirty quid for a game a number of regular away followers aren’t going to be able to get to? Wouldn’t a great gesture be rewarding fans by giving them a bit more Christmas money by discounting a game they would be going to, rather than discounting a game many can’t take two days off work for, in Christmas week?
Is the motive to genuinely help fans, or make sure we sell out? £64 is a rip of on a Saturday at 3pm, more so Monday night before Christmas, but I’d feel more appreciated if the Premiership contribution (not City’s contribution) was distributed where it could benefit more fans, maybe a little less, rather than helping less fans a lot more.
I can’t make this game, I already have Christmas to New Year booked off, mainly for Leicester, and had hoped some of the 200k pot would have gone to that. I gave up on going to the Emirates a couple of years ago, mainly because of the cost, the travelling time, the crap parking and the feeling that a lot of my fellow blues were a bit “recent” for want of a better word, I’m not claiming to speak for all City fans, but this won’t benefit me.

(Squirty if I am forced to take the week off I and find I can make this game, I reserve the right to amend this post!)

Be interesting what it sells out at
If it sells out at 13k there must be a large portion going to corporate because there's no way on a Monday just before Christmas that this wouldn't have been far off general sale

This gesture stops the points whores from worrying they may be left with expensive tickets ;-)
Looks like I'll be needing 2 you slappers, my 9k points will not be enough.... or maybe I'll have to go corporate again. Is there a boat? I did enjoy that Chelsea trip

It isn't a nice gesture, the club subsided tickets because had to. Premier League launched the Away Fans initiative last season, each club must allocate £200k for away fans, no choice. I expect further other discounts or help with travels for matches like Norwich or Swansea this season.

Anyway, fans saving money! A great news!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.