Good choice of discount from the club

It isn't a nice gesture, the club subsided tickets because had to. Premier League launched the Away Fans initiative last season, each club must allocate £200k for away fans, no choice. I expect further other discounts or help with travels for matches like Norwich or Swansea this season.

Anyway, fans saving money! A great news!

I booked my train tickets early so travel and match ticket for under £70 will do me! This follows the Club helping fans to see the quarter finals of the league cup and the CL vs Dortmund for under £50 combined.

Good point about hoping for further discounts for long away trips. That said, Nowich seems to sell out even when it's a midday kick off!

It isn't a nice gesture, the club subsided tickets because had to. Premier League launched the Away Fans initiative last season, each club must allocate £200k for away fans, no choice. I expect further other discounts or help with travels for matches like Norwich or Swansea this season.

Anyway, fans saving money! A great news!
It will be Chelsea ,like last season.

This isn't a club gesture. The PL give all clubs money each year to help with reducing the price of away tickets.

The club still has to pick and choose which fixture to enforce the discounted tickets/travel on, so i see this as an excellent choice considering dates, time etc....

Nothing stopping them choosing Rags away if they wanted to so the "Club" have choosen wisely imho

*Before you say it, i'm not attending, i was personnally hoping for Leicester away to be discounted ;-)

I think the thread title should be changed because, as others have said, it isn't a gesture, they are just fulfilling a contractual obligation.

I think the way the club do it is better than some others though. £2/£3 off every away game means nothing at all. I think this one directly rewards the fans who go to all/most games whatever the day and kick off time.

If all away tickets were £20, I would probably buy every ticket and take the hit on the games that I couldn't get to and couldn't sell on. It's only the high prices that stop me doing this as it is. Something's wrong somewhere.

Fair play. I'm sure some fucker will be along to say something along the lines of 'not before time' or 'if they can do it for the Arsenal game, they can do it for every game' etc, etc.

you just did

Not sure if this is the right place but..,
Having missed out on a Seville ticket I decided like many to buy a ticket in the home end, I then thought I would contact City to see if they would let me have the points for attending the game as how else am I to catch up. Following a couple of emails and cc'ing Danny Wilson in I got a call from a c/s manager, she explained you get the points only from buying a ticket from City not attending the game and wasn't having adding the points to my account as they don't want to encourage fans to buy in the home end despite City selling hospitality tickets to away fans. She stated that the vast majority of tickets do and always will be allocated to normal supporters but wouldn't comment on City being more transparent by stating how many tickets each group get. She acknowledged that some fans may buy tickets and sell on but without details they couldn't do anything to stop this. She wouldn't explain how some games seem to have such a high points requirement other than to say they publish which groups get tickets but as we all know some of those groups are now bigger than they were a few years ago.
Although I didn't get my way she did go out of her way to ring me after 6 on a Friday night and here my case for 20 minutes until I said we would have to agree to disagree. She said she would bring up the concerns I raised in any discussions on how to improve the system.

Not sure if this is the right place but..,
Having missed out on a Seville ticket I decided like many to buy a ticket in the home end, I then thought I would contact City to see if they would let me have the points for attending the game as how else am I to catch up. Following a couple of emails and cc'ing Danny Wilson in I got a call from a c/s manager, she explained you get the points only from buying a ticket from City not attending the game and wasn't having adding the points to my account as they don't want to encourage fans to buy in the home end despite City selling hospitality tickets to away fans. She stated that the vast majority of tickets do and always will be allocated to normal supporters but wouldn't comment on City being more transparent by stating how many tickets each group get. She acknowledged that some fans may buy tickets and sell on but without details they couldn't do anything to stop this. She wouldn't explain how some games seem to have such a high points requirement other than to say they publish which groups get tickets but as we all know some of those groups are now bigger than they were a few years ago.
Although I didn't get my way she did go out of her way to ring me after 6 on a Friday night and here my case for 20 minutes until I said we would have to agree to disagree. She said she would bring up the concerns I raised in any discussions on how to improve the system.

I would love to know if they actually do anything about it when proof is right under their noses on the FB site. Some bloke was posting his points for Stoke and Arsenal the other week. There was one the other day selling 4 tickets for Arsenal. Their names are on there. It wouldn't be hard for the club to contact them and say your points are now zero.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.