Good news: City ready to spend big again

I have just had a quick look at the potential leavers from the squad this summer and worked out what we could have to spend all things being equal.

If we assume the starting point for next season is that the club will at least break even, heres how I estimate it could breakdown:

Sanga , £2m fee which means £2m profit on disposal plus £5m in saved wage costs

Kolarov , £6m fee which means around £2m profit on disposal , plus £5m wages

Nastasic , £7m fee , so a £2m loss on disposal (assuming he was valued at £18m, plus £4m in wages

Lampard, £6m in saved wages

Milner , £6m in saved wages, no profit/loss as we wont get a fee and his original fee would have already been expensed as his cotract has run out.

Nasri, £20m fee , so a £15m profit on disposal plus £8m in saved wage costs

Sinclair, £3m fee so no profit or loss , but £2m in saved wage costs

Yaya , £10m fee so a £5m profit, plus £10m in saved wage costs

Jovetic , £18m , £5m profit, plus £5m in saved wages

Negredo, will assume a neutral impact on the financial statements because of Bony's arrival.

All this would give us £27m profit on disposal, which would mean that we could potentially spend £135m if we handed out 5 year contracts to all the new arrivals (that command a transfer fee)

We would also save around £50m in wage costs to fund any new arrivals

We would then need:

2 x Full Backs (left and right)

2 x Central Midfield

2x Winger/Forward

I think we would also have further amortisation savings as Silva / Kompany / Aguero have just signed new deals which. In Agueros case this could be around £4m per year (which would increase the potential spend to £155m)

Well Rodgers reckons sterling not for sale........will city do the £50m required by the yankee owners???

richards30 said:
Well Rodgers reckons sterling not for sale........will city do the £50m required by the yankee owners???
Rodgers won't have a say in the matter either way.

Dax777 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
That actually looks good except I would get someone else instead of Khedira who's very prone to injury. Schneiderlin or such if we can.

Lack of pace through the center would be an issue.

And I don't see the point of playing two players who have pretty much the same role (controlling the game)

The average age of the three is also a big issue
I hate the buying for buying sake ideas. What's the point of buying Dybala? Sure he is a good player, but that ship sailed when we but Bony, no?
Khadera sucks. Injury prone, old and overrated. Why keep Yaya and bring in Modric? Sure they could form a formidable passing duo, but for just another year? And then we are looking again. I'd sell Yaya, and Nasri then bring in Koke, plus Modric, plus Sterling. I guess the left back is a matter of taste, some like Rodriquez, some Amavi, some Kurzawa I personally can't see past Gaya and Willems. I think they are the 2 most talented young LBs in Europe, and both will eventually become dominant Leftbacks. And I'd like us to get one of them. But in fairness, fullback is not that instrumental of a position, so if we end up with just a good one, then fine.
But the othe 3 positions are non-negotiable.

Wide speedster- Bale or Sterling (both also have added quality of being home grown
The Pirlo: Modric
Utility CM: Koke
LB: Gaya, Willems

Each one of the above except for LB will be a starter day one. Plus Hart, Zaba, Clichy, Kompany, Mangala, Silva, Aguero, and Bony or Fernandihno depending on opposition.
PS: I wouldn't sell Navas either. There would be games when a Sterling/Navas on both wings would be disruptive. So rather than Sell Fernando and Navas, I'd rather sell Yaya and Nasri. I know it's scary to sell good players, but Yaya is aging, Nasri will not be a happy bench player. So fix the problems before they arise.

If Jovetic and Dzeko are let go we'll need another striker, and a good one considering Aguero's injuries, so a player like Dybala or Lacazette, who can play all across the front 3, makes sense. With that said, signing Sterling could be enough ...I don't think the club, esp. MP, would see it that way tho so I don't see much point in proposing a squad with only 2 senior recognised strikers.

I'd love Koke, he's like a mix between Gattuso and Fabregas, but I just think it's one of those transfers that is never going to happen. Not sure why but I do so he doesn't come into my thinking.

If we could get him then I'd be all for that type of high pressure football with a deep lying playmaker as he's one of the few technical players out there with the workrate and ability to win the ball back to make it work. Without a player like him tho you need power to win the PL and that's why I proposed keeping Yaya if we lose out on Pogba and also why Khedira, who I think you're underrating a tad, makes sense - that and the lack of a fee.

I have just had a quick look at the potential leavers from the squad this summer and worked out what we could have to spend all things being equal.

If we assume the starting point for next season is that the club will at least break even, heres how I estimate it could breakdown:

Sanga , £2m fee which means £2m profit on disposal plus £5m in saved wage costs

Kolarov , £6m fee which means around £2m profit on disposal , plus £5m wages

Nastasic , £7m fee , so a £2m loss on disposal (assuming he was valued at £18m, plus £4m in wages

Lampard, £6m in saved wages

Milner , £6m in saved wages, no profit/loss as we wont get a fee and his original fee would have already been expensed as his cotract has run out.

Nasri, £20m fee , so a £15m profit on disposal plus £8m in saved wage costs

Sinclair, £3m fee so no profit or loss , but £2m in saved wage costs

Yaya , £10m fee so a £5m profit, plus £10m in saved wage costs

Jovetic , £18m , £5m profit, plus £5m in saved wages

Negredo, will assume a neutral impact on the financial statements because of Bony's arrival.

All this would give us £27m profit on disposal, which would mean that we could potentially spend £135m if we handed out 5 year contracts to all the new arrivals (that command a transfer fee)

We would also save around £50m in wage costs to fund any new arrivals

We would then need:

2 x Full Backs (left and right)

2 x Central Midfield

2x Winger/Forward

I think we would also have further amortisation savings as Silva / Kompany / Aguero have just signed new deals which. In Agueros case this could be around £4m per year (which would increase the potential spend to £155m)

Wow, that's thorough.

we just need 5 signing..

CM (2x) - pogba, koke, kondogbia, schneiderlin, gundogan
Winger (3x) - sterling, bruyne, reus, griezmann, bale, isco

1263613_Manchester_City.jpg

promote - lopes, iheanacho, denayer, rekik & zuculini

sell & offload
cb - boyata, richards
midfielder - yaya, nasri, milner, lampard, sinclair
forward - dzeko, jovetic, negredo, guidetti

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.