Goodbye Manchester

Yet many will have you believe Manchester is a wonderful problem free shangri la… Where are my haters?

I have been out of Manchester or the suburbs of Mcr) 10 years now and I am
really happy with my decision.

Not a slight on Mcr itself but as people get older the environment they choose to live in changes. Mcr was an exciting place to be in my 20s but now I prefer rolling hills and coastal walks for walking and running rather than nightclubs and bars. My next move will be somewhere more rural than I am now.

Will be walking the beach on my dinner today, with a cup of tea and my panini and I consider myself very fortunate. Less so the 500 mile round trip last weekend for the Forest match.

First my Sister (+husband and four kids) a few years ago and now my Mam+Dad recently have all moved out of Manchester, leaving me here.

I have a love:hate relationship with my city. It’s a difficult city to live in.

I’m very proud of the city, it’s history, it’s culture and it’s nice buildings but the lack of care that people have for their houses making neighbourhoods scruffy, how shops don’t look after the footfall area outside making high streets scruffy, the graffiti, the litter, the utter state of the walk from Piccadilly<>PiccGardens<>HighStreet and the zombies and scruffs that frequent the area (Mogadishu’s main thoroughfare is definitely nicer @dronefromsector7G, have a look at videos on YouTube, it’s beautiful compared to that Manchester route), the state of the roads and the public transport system really do massively detract from Manchester’s quality.

And the city centre is constantly a building site, which is the reason I moved out of the city centre and don’t go to the city centre as much as I used to. Every corner you turn is another building site and it gets tiresome. Plus the more new buildings get built, the more building sites seem to pop up and yet none of them do anything to alleviate the shit points.

Hope you’ve started saving up, house prices are a bit heavy. Lovely place though.
Was in Lytham in a Sunday morning beginning of September for a golf break. At 11:30 (it was sunny and warm) the street café’s including the outside seating were absolutely jammed packed. We went in a Spoons, 2 x pints and a ham and cheese panini £9,77, bargain.

Had an evening nosebag at The Mediterranean on the Monday, big restaurant, again rammed but 2 courses for 19.95, seems to be a thriving place, enjoyed it.

Cities are for youngsters.

Some of you FOC’s would be better served looking at moving to places nearer a hospital with all the visits you’ll be making in the not too distant future.
Spent over a year in a little bedsit in Crumpsall around 1972, like you say, it'd probably make sense to move back to Delaunay's Road. Crumpsall Lane area. I'm visiting NMGH that often, they've invited me to the Christmas party.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.