Goodbye Manchester

Cities are for youngsters.

Some of you FOC’s would be better served looking at moving to places nearer a hospital with all the visits you’ll be making in the not too distant future.
I live near one, I’m an FOC, last time I used it for an emergency was 1989!

Mrs H is having a hernia op and they’re sending her to Salford when we have a hospital on our doorstep.

Was in Lytham in a Sunday morning beginning of September for a golf break. At 11:30 (it was sunny and warm) the street café’s including the outside seating were absolutely jammed packed. We went in a Spoons, 2 x pints and a ham and cheese panini £9,77, bargain.

Had an evening nosebag at The Mediterranean on the Monday, big restaurant, again rammed but 2 courses for 19.95, seems to be a thriving place, enjoyed it.
Shame it's full of loud mouth dippers, because it is a lovely place.

Last edited:
I don't live in Manchester anymore and I am glad I left, enjoy the fresh air and sea breeze mate.
Never been on that coast and it wasn't a howling gale. Came out of Woolworths at Blackpool when I was kid and the wind expanded my lungs with such force that I couldn't breathe out. Thought me day had come!

Last edited:
Left Manchester in my 20"s and was away for 20 years living all over the place. I'm more than ready to move away again (fucking brexit) and it could be happening sooner rather than later.

Born and dragged up in Newton Heath.
Ten years just across the border in Failsworth, then twenty four years in Marland, between Heywood and Rochdale.
Today we moved to Poulton Le Fylde. Feels weird to be away from Manc, but right for us now too.
Cheers.
poulton le fylde, is that french for chicken of the field, should of stayed in newts on the heath sounds nicer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.