gooners on bluemoon...

supercity88 said:
I don't know if I watched a different game to those in the press and some Arsenal fans, but I didn't see a City team brushed aside. I saw a City team eventually overcome due to pushing for an equaliser, a team that not only had played with 10 men for 85 minutes but that spent a good proportion of the second half with Adebayor, Balotelli and Silva playing a formation of 4-2-3. We created plenty of chances and should have scored but for good goalkeeping. Arsenal's defence is shocking and Vermaelen will not solve that on his own, in midfield there are too many same same players, and that will see Arsenal battered and bruised and lose points where title contenders can win. We've known it for years and the Arsenal fans know it too, there are positions you would strengthen and weaknesses in your side. For City we have strengthened to the extent that unless we become a team that copies Real Madrid's galactico transfer policy, we have a squad that needs little strengthening. Another striker is mentioned but that's on top of the diversity of Tevez Ade and Balotelli. We have strong players, fast players, technical players and strength in depth and we also have a lot of good young players too. We haven't finished in the top 4 of the PL before, but we almost did last season but for 3points, and so we have the experience to do it this year. That's not a doubt, we also have the hunger and quality to go for the title, I don't believe we will win it, I think we wont have a decent title fight until the 2012/13 season when we are used to competing in league and champs league together. But we do have a much better squad and the mentality has been changing to get the players aiming for the top, so we don't need season after season of slow progression. We will finish above Arsenal this season I am very confident of that, you have the mentality and experience in bottling it and winning nothing over the last few years so you can't call us up on our lack of winning know-how.

Quality post, absolutely bang on re yesterdays game.

supercity88 said:
I don't know if I watched a different game to those in the press and some Arsenal fans, but I didn't see a City team brushed aside. I saw a City team eventually overcome due to pushing for an equaliser, a team that not only had played with 10 men for 85 minutes but that spent a good proportion of the second half with Adebayor, Balotelli and Silva playing a formation of 4-2-3. We created plenty of chances and should have scored but for good goalkeeping. Arsenal's defence is shocking and Vermaelen will not solve that on his own, in midfield there are too many same same players, and that will see Arsenal battered and bruised and lose points where title contenders can win. We've known it for years and the Arsenal fans know it too, there are positions you would strengthen and weaknesses in your side. For City we have strengthened to the extent that unless we become a team that copies Real Madrid's galactico transfer policy, we have a squad that needs little strengthening. Another striker is mentioned but that's on top of the diversity of Tevez Ade and Balotelli. We have strong players, fast players, technical players and strength in depth and we also have a lot of good young players too. We haven't finished in the top 4 of the PL before, but we almost did last season but for 3points, and so we have the experience to do it this year. That's not a doubt, we also have the hunger and quality to go for the title, I don't believe we will win it, I think we wont have a decent title fight until the 2012/13 season when we are used to competing in league and champs league together. But we do have a much better squad and the mentality has been changing to get the players aiming for the top, so we don't need season after season of slow progression. We will finish above Arsenal this season I am very confident of that, you have the mentality and experience in bottling it and winning nothing over the last few years so you can't call us up on our lack of winning know-how.

First of all our midfield does not have players that are too similar. Secondly City didnt get in the top four last season because you lacked creativity, and thats gonna be your downfall again. You have a team that are set up to do well against top teams, you have enough quality to sit deep and counter the top teams. But in the games against Man u, Chelsea and Arsenal last season, you had less shots and less possession in all of those games. Your problem will be lack of creativity and you are way too dependent on Tevez, you have scored 12 goals in 9 games and tevez has been behind 9 of the 12 goals. An injury to him and you are in serious trouble.

gooney said:
supercity88 said:

First of all our midfield does not have players that are too similar. Secondly City didnt get in the top four last season because you lacked creativity, and thats gonna be your downfall again. You have a team that are set up to do well against top teams, you have enough quality to sit deep and counter the top teams. But in the games against Man u, Chelsea and Arsenal last season, you had less shots and less possession in all of those games. Your problem will be lack of creativity and you are way too dependent on Tevez, you have scored 12 goals in 9 games and tevez has been behind 9 of the 12 goals. An injury to him and you are in serious trouble.

we bought silva, we have AJ, we have Milner, we have Yaya, we have Carlos, they all create. Yeah I agree Carlos is a talisman but so is Messi or Xavi for Barca, Ronaldo for Real, Fabregas for you(don't deny it), Rooney for rags, Drogba for Chelsea, that's what world class players bring.

We'll be up there, we will only get stronger.

Now we know why they love Manchester

t6um4j.jpg

mjmlc1.jpg

Pricks

The stats are showing you are far more dependent on Tevez than both us and man u are on their best player. Cesc has 1 of our 21 league goals. Rooney has 1 of man u 20 league goals. Tevez has 7 of Man citys 12 goals. There's just not enough goals in your team

gooney said:
The stats are showing you are far more dependent on Tevez than both us and man u are on their best player. Cesc has 1 of our 21 league goals. Rooney has 1 of man u 20 league goals. Tevez has 7 of Man citys 12 goals. There's just not enough goals in your team

He takes our pens and very often plays as a lone front man, but thanks for your concern.

gooney said:

assists? boyata wouldnt have been sent off if it wasnt for Fabregas, par exemple.

Fabregas is also a midfielder, and Rooney has been playing shit i agree, but he pulled United through last season undoubtedly.

only have to look at liverpool to see what happens when your star players dont perform.

plus we havent even given mario a chance yet, and silva's just clicking.

and at the end goals and goal difference is irrelevant if we get more points than you, which is a possibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.