Gout

I bought cherry juice rather than orange n had glass every morning, changed diet, cut back little in ale, not had bout for few years now
Orange juice is an antagonist as opposed to cherry.

Its all about diet,cut out the triggers and introduce more alkali's.

Medication is a temp fix/mask and just a compensator for not getting your shit together.

Reactions: ob
Cherry juice is a natural anti inflammatory and ant oxidant,it contains compounds that may help reduce your symptoms.Ensure you drink plenty of water too to flush your system.

Have you altered your diet at all in an effort to reduce/alleviate symptoms?
I’m trying to drink more water rather than endless cups of coffee. I don’t drink a lot during the week - one bottle of ale unless we go out. I need to lose weight though - I’ve put on a couple of stone in the last year.
I’ll try and get some cherry juice though. cheers

Orange juice is an antagonist as opposed to cherry.

Its all about diet,cut out the triggers and introduce more alkali's.

Medication is a temp fix/mask and just a compensator for not getting your shit together.
Though you’re right in a lot of cases I know people who have episodes of gout who live very healthy lifestyles. My mother in law for example is a vegetarIan who eats well and drinks very little alcohol but gets episodes of gout.

I’m trying to drink more water rather than endless cups of coffee. I don’t drink a lot during the week - one bottle of ale unless we go out. I need to lose weight though - I’ve put on a couple of stone in the last year.
I’ll try and get some cherry juice though. cheers
Coffee is very acidic,so thats good - switch to green tea perhaps.

I cant empathise how important diet is,get that sorted and it will change your life.Read up on the Alkali/mediteranean diets and in the mean time cut back on red meats and try not to eat processed varieties.

Your welcome

Though you’re right in a lot of cases I know people who have episodes of gout who live very healthy lifestyles. My mother in law for example is a vegetarIan who eats well and drinks very little alcohol but gets episodes of gout.
With anything in life,there will be predisposition and genetic issues and just exceptions in general.

However....give yourself the best chance,thats my point.I can guarantee the vast majority on this thread who are complaining/suffering are doing so because of self cause and abuse of lifestyle.

Coffee is very acidic,so thats good - switch to green tea perhaps.

I cant empathise how important diet is,get that sorted and it will change your life.Read up on the Alkali/mediteranean diets and in the mean time cut back on red meats and try not to eat processed varieties.

Your welcome
Could you expand on the diet a bit more please mate? What are the good + bad things, what worked for you, etc.
The reason I ask (apart from you being obviously knowledgeable on this) is my doctor didn't even discuss diet with me, he just put me on allopurinol, which stopped the gout so at the time I was grateful.
Is a diet change sometimes enough to get off allopurinol?
Any help/ advice would be most welcome mate.
Cheers

Could you expand on the diet a bit more please mate? What are the good + bad things, what worked for you, etc.
The reason I ask (apart from you being obviously knowledgeable on this) is my doctor didn't even discuss diet with me, he just put me on allopurinol, which stopped the gout so at the time I was grateful.
Is a diet change sometimes enough to get off allopurinol?
Any help/ advice would be most welcome mate.
Cheers

My knowledge/experience is based on over 30 years of training and fine tuning my nutrition requirements over the years to achieve optimal results in terms of condition and performance.As such i rarely suffer ill health or require any sort of intervention where medicines are concerned - so while i dont speak from experience in terms of managing poor lifestyle conditions/illnesses,what i eat has served me very well and continues to do so.

As i said above research Alkali foods (as they neutralise/revers the affects of inflammatory types) and the Mediterranean diet (based on lean meats and healthy oils/fats).

Ensure you include fibrous/complex carbs as fuel/energy sources and stay away from starchy/processed and sugary varieties.

Start the day with a good breakfast - porridge/muesli with greek yogurt or boiled/poached eggs on wholegrain/rye bread

Lunch - sweet potato and lean meat/cottage cheese etc.

Tea - Lean meat/fish stirfry or steamed veg (eat as much green veg as you want)

Snack on almonds/walnuts,tinned fish,boiled eggs,apples,banana,protein shakes/bars

Severely cut back on processed/fast food,caffeine,sugary drinks,confectionery/bakery items etc.

Drink loads of water,herbal tea (not fruit) and use plant based milks instead of cows.

Best of luck

My knowledge/experience is based on over 30 years of training and fine tuning my nutrition requirements over the years to achieve optimal results in terms of condition and performance.As such i rarely suffer ill health or require any sort of intervention where medicines are concerned - so while i dont speak from experience in terms of managing poor lifestyle conditions/illnesses,what i eat has served me very well and continues to do so.

As i said above research Alkali foods (as they neutralise/revers the affects of inflammatory types) and the Mediterranean diet (based on lean meats and healthy oils/fats).

Ensure you include fibrous/complex carbs as fuel/energy sources and stay away from starchy/processed and sugary varieties.

Start the day with a good breakfast - porridge/muesli with greek yogurt or boiled/poached eggs on wholegrain/rye bread

Lunch - sweet potato and lean meat/cottage cheese etc.

Tea - Lean meat/fish stirfry or steamed veg (eat as much green veg as you want)

Snack on almonds/walnuts,tinned fish,boiled eggs,apples,banana,protein shakes/bars

Severely cut back on processed/fast food,caffeine,sugary drinks,confectionery/bakery items etc.

Drink loads of water,herbal tea (not fruit) and use plant based milks instead of cows.

Best of luck
Thanks for taking the time to write that up, it's appreciated.
My diet isn't a million miles away from that, just a few tweeks needed.
Great stuff, thanks again.

Thanks for taking the time to write that up, it's appreciated.
My diet isn't a million miles away from that, just a few tweeks needed.
Great stuff, thanks again.
You are very welcome,give us a shout if i can offer anything else....i will always try and help,especially where those that are trying to help themselves are concerned.

There is a an old fitness thread on here that i and others put an awful lot of effort into,try and dig it out as there is a wealth of great helpful info.

All the best buddy!

Over the last month I’ve had the two worst gout attacks I’ve ever had and for the first time it was in my ankles rather than my big toe

the first one in my left ankle was bad enough but a few days after I recovered from that I had an attack in my right ankle which was horrific

I remember the exact moment it started as I started to get what felt like pins and needles

About 2 weeks down the line I’m only really just starting to recover. There were times when I literally couldn’t put any weight on my foot and had a couple of almost sleepless nights with the pain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.