Government force charity upon us

Your OP's are normally good mate, but on this one you are so far wrong from the truth its unbelievable. You can currently put credit on your phone at an ATM, does that mean Vodafone et al are forcing that upon you? No, it doesn't. Go down the checkout at any Supermarket and they are offering their insurance services en mass, does that mean they are forcing that upon you too? No it doesn't. The way it works is like this: Life, as technology progresses, is supposed to get easier in whatever way possible. Now the way you will be able to donate to charity at a cashpoint or Supermarket is simply another way of making life easier, for those who CHOOSE to make those donations.

Blue Smarties said:
SWP's back said:
Actually, I really dislike your OP having read it again. You think it a bad thing that charities could literally be hundreds of millions better off per year if it saves you 10 seconds behind someone.

You are a horribly selfish immature person.
If someone truly wishes to give to a charity then they would find one on the internet which they truly care about, not handed a select few on list because they've secretly offered the Government a % of the fees gained.

Unfounded libelous drivel.

Blue Smarties said:
SWP's back said:
NO THEY ARE NOT FORCING IT ON YOU.

Are you too thick to read the article you have posted?

As for truely wanting to give or not, 20p here 43p there is not the sort of thing you go online to give, but added up will make a massive difference.

Go give your head a fucking wobble and stop being the end of a bell.
No I don't wish to give 20p or 40p to a charity I don't care about, I'd rather offer more funds to a charity which I do care about.

That is your choice you fool. That is why it is NOT forced on you.

Seriously, are you and brass neck having a competition to be seen as the biggest arsehole today? How can the government making it easier to help charities be seen as a bad thing?

mcfcliam said:
I don't mind 20p or something going to charity everytime I pay by bank card but that's just me...not everyone will agree or want this to happen.

It is a choice Liam. No one has to. It will not impact on those that do not wish to give but make it easier for those that are happy to give pennies here and there.

The combination of millions of people doing that could literally be worth billions per year to charities.

It is not intrusion, it is inclusion and a great idea.

If someone can afford to give 3% of their wages to charity then they are being paid too much. A lot of people in this country are living wage to wage and some are not that well off.
Personally I think the government are doing this because their cuts to services will mean that more services will become charities i.e. an indirect tax.

stony said:
I detest this kind of intrusion. If I wanted to donate to charity I'd do it off my own bat without some do gooder rattling a fucking tin in my face.
This is what I'm getting at. If I wanted to give to charity then I'd do so on my own back, not because I'm put on the spot by a cashier. The chances are the charities you're able to donate to via this method are limited, whose going to draw a list of these charities up? What if they don't have my charity on the list? Will I have to give it to someone else? Why should my chosen charities miss out on thousands of pounds because they either won't give the Government a % or because they're not deemed big enough?

The idea looks good on the surface but isn't so good when looked into deeper.

jack said:
If someone can afford to give 3% of their wages to charity then they are being paid too much. A lot of people in this country are living wage to wage and some are not that well off.
Personally I think the government are doing this because their cuts to services will mean that more services will become charities i.e. an indirect tax.

Oh do shush.

Blue Smarties said:
stony said:
I detest this kind of intrusion. If I wanted to donate to charity I'd do it off my own bat without some do gooder rattling a fucking tin in my face.
This is what I'm getting at. If I wanted to give to charity then I'd do so on my own back, not because I'm put on the spot by a cashier. The chances are the charities you're able to donate to via this method are limited, whose going to draw a list of these charities up? What if they don't have my charity on the list? Will I have to give it to someone else? Why should my chosen charities miss out on thousands of pounds because they either won't give the Government a % or because they're not deemed big enough?

The idea looks good on the surface but isn't so good when looked into deeper.

As SWP's back said, it's a choice so how are the government forcing it upon us?

SWP's back said:
jack said:

Oh do shush.

Sorry charity boy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.