Grand Theft Auto 5

Well having only ever played fifa since I bought my xbox 4 years ago I've decided to branch out and get this. I'm just on my way home to play it, it's my first time playing any GTA game, it'd better be worth it after everyone banging on about it!

ell said:
Still not given online a go. Is it worth trying yet or should I wait a bit longer? (xbox)

It's hit n miss, I've had lots of trouble one session and none the next. It's not very stable but it's enjoyable once it's working as things stand.

Cheers Stato and everyone else for the answers re crews too etc

Been playing this for a few days now. Wonderful open world and freedom to explore, but I'm kinda lost.

What should I do? I mean, other than robbery, nicking cars and going to the shooting range there doesn't seem to be much of a point to anything or a direction to go in. What am I missing? I know it is open world but I feel that within that world there are only certain things I can do, most of which are pretty pointless - steal a jumbo jet or drive around, rob somewhere then hide from the police for a measly few hundred dollars... maybe I am just getting too old...

Anyone have any recommendations on what to do? Only done a couple of main quests so far. Did enjoy the paparazzi ones so far though, pretty funny stuff. But found the first alien one with Michael quite hard, too many enemies to shoot before I get wasted.

bluetonium said:
Been playing this for a few days now. Wonderful open world and freedom to explore, but I'm kinda lost.

What should I do? I mean, other than robbery, nicking cars and going to the shooting range there doesn't seem to be much of a point to anything or a direction to go in. What am I missing? I know it is open world but I feel that within that world there are only certain things I can do, most of which are pretty pointless - steal a jumbo jet or drive around, rob somewhere then hide from the police for a measly few hundred dollars... maybe I am just getting too old...

Anyone have any recommendations on what to do? Only done a couple of main quests so far. Did enjoy the paparazzi ones so far though, pretty funny stuff. But found the first alien one with Michael quite hard, too many enemies to shoot before I get wasted.

Quick job on your phone and you'll be in a lobby where you can do deathmatches, races, missions with other players etc.

Thanks but I have absolutely no interest in online play - I'm crap at it for a start! Tried it a few times with other games and it just isn't me, not what I want in a gaming experience.

GTA V lovely looking game and huge scale world, not sure it has enough to keep me interested as a single player though. But maybe it is just me, best experience I have had so far was taking a speedboat for a spin down some rapids then into the open sea to fight a shark or two.

bluetonium said:
Thanks but I have absolutely no interest in online play - I'm crap at it for a start! Tried it a few times with other games and it just isn't me, not what I want in a gaming experience.

GTA V lovely looking game and huge scale world, not sure it has enough to keep me interested as a single player though. But maybe it is just me, best experience I have had so far was taking a speedboat for a spin down some rapids then into the open sea to fight a shark or two.

A man after my own heart!

There are random events that trigger if you drive past, like stopping a car jacking etc etc and also little missions denoted by a big ? on the map. I also have spent a lot of time just trying to climb things, sad I know!

You should try online mate, the world is the same size, with less traffic and people and you can see other people on the map so if you want to stay clear of them you can. Not all of the stuff online is death match type stuff, there's races, land, sea and air, stores to hold up, cops to kill, cars to nick and quite a few small missions just for you if you want them.

Anybody else bought property in online yet? I bought a garage for 30,000 then upgraded it to an 80 grand apartment and somehow lost that. Spent ages earning more money and bought the 99 grand one. The thing is though it is exactly the same as the 80 grand one. Just found this vid, heist rooms are in the 200-grand plus apartments.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZQSWDsnR-w[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.