Grange Hill film

Loved it. It started in 1978 just as I was starting high school. very real.

Loved it. My nickname was Tucker for a short while back in the day due an uncanny resemblance. Was I the only one really disappointed when they heard posh-boy Todd Carty talking in real life?

Loved it. My nickname was Tucker for a short while back in the day due an uncanny resemblance. Was I the only one really disappointed when they heard posh-boy Todd Carty talking in real life?
You think that was a shock? Have a listen to steptoe...

Loved Grange Hill, I went to secondary school from 85-90 and used to watch it when I came home. One thing I will say is that watching it made me think I was going to get my head flushed down the toilet when I went to high school, it petrified me.

Never happened though.
I got and totally believed those threats too.

in the event First Years got cuffed around the head on the first day by older lads, a quant old British tradition that has long died out according to my kids.

An industry that never learns from its mistakes - remember the turkey that was the most recent Dad's Army movie?

Not seen that, but Grange Hill has a lot more flexibility to reinvent itself than DA, characters naturally got replaced because it was set in a school so there isn't the need for an actor to play an iconic character who people already know and love, have fixed ideas about and don't want to see "a reinterpretation".

It was cancelled in 2008, it would have changed several times over the course of it's run.

Depends if the director wants to make something with fresh ideas or "pay homeage" and gets weighed down trying to live up to by expectations of old fans.

Anyone watched watched the new ghostbuster film? The new characters were relatively interesting but the it was a terribly slow (and around halfway in, boring) film, meandering to get the point where the flaky old timers come back.

Not seen that, but Grange Hill has a lot more flexibility to reinvent itself than DA, characters naturally got replaced because it was set in a school so there isn't the need for an actor to play an iconic character who people already know and love, have fixed ideas about and don't want to see "a reinterpretation".

It was cancelled in 2008, it would have changed several times over the course of it's run.

Depends if the director wants to make something with fresh ideas or "pay homeage" and gets weighed down trying to live up to by expectations of old fans.

Anyone watched watched the new ghostbuster film? The new characters were relatively interesting but the it was a terribly slow (and around halfway in, boring) film, meandering to get the point where the flaky old timers come back.

The Dad's Army film I refer to was just a load of respected actors prostituting themselves out trying to recreate cultural icons that they had no hope of doing so.

If the new Grange Hill tries the same it will suffer the same comparisons. Problems also arise if they go down a different route then the questions will be " how is this Grange Hill? " For me its a daft idea

Who remembers
Sexy Lexy
Bullet Baxter
Scruffy McGuffy

There were some really annoying characters like that div called Dwayne and that gIrl called Annette

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.