Grappling at corners - my solutions

Just need to change the rules to allow players to be booked for a foul when the ball isn't in play.
I think this can be done now. Yer can send players off after the game has finished, or even before, and wasn't Pique sent off from the bench in his last game for Barca. It should be commonly understood that grappling prior to a corner is a bookable defence. Personally, had I been in charge of the whistle on Sunday I'd have told the player to take the corner and then give the penalty - no lectures, no warning, no in-game instruction to players who might, just might, be in total ignorance of the law that doesn't permit a move more common in WWF.

If the defender is clever he will stop the grappling just before the corner is taken and then he can’t give a foul.
If corner taker doesn’t mess about and kick it and the linesman doesn’t stand in front of the ball to see if they have nicked a millimetre then it won’t start

If corner taker doesn’t mess about and kick it and the linesman doesn’t stand in front of the ball to see if they have nicked a millimetre then it won’t start

Dunno, City’s new thing seems to be, wait until everyone’s in position. Go through the full range of signals like a baseball catcher. Pick the ball up. Bounce it a few times. One last signal, this time for real. Then kick the fucker to the exact same place as they do with all the other signals.

Dunno, City’s new thing seems to be, wait until everyone’s in position. Go through the full range of signals like a baseball catcher. Pick the ball up. Bounce it a few times. One last signal, this time for real. Then kick the fucker to the exact same place as they do with all the other signals.
Our corners aren't the best are they.

As for grappling at corners, there's a simple solution, any shirt pulling, dragging anyone to the floor, It's either a pen or a free kick to the defending team. Also give a yellow to any nonce throwing themself to the floor without contact, job done.

The only drawback to this is the rags and dippers getting 10 extra pens a season, while opposition teams have 3 or 4 goals ruled out.

So forget my simple solution.

Simple solution: introduce a rule that says at corners and free kicks the ball is in play once it has been put in place. If the side in possession try to replace the ball, the kick is reversed.
Some time wasting would be eliminated too.

Just need to change the rules to allow players to be booked for a foul when the ball isn't in play.
That surprises me because I’m sure that I’ve seen touchline staff booked for causing a hoo har when the ball’s not in play, and also seen players booked for kicking the ball away before a free kick’s been taken / ball still out of play.
Was it a recent tule change or something?

Semedo was given an obvious warning from the ref that he'd done it twice now, a third one would end up in a yellow. I can't see any need to make it more complicated, I have enough problems understanding the offside rule right now.
So do refs and VAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.