Grealish house raid

Think Peps message was a generic one regarding SM.
It’s common sense though tbf. The fact is though you can post hundreds of pics with not one showing off your wealth and it won’t really matter if the armed gangs who do these jobs know you’re earning multi millions per year. Think they may have an inkling that there will be some jewellery/watches etc of high value.

Finally found this thread again (not sure why it’s in “off topic”).

Anyway I ended up posting in JG’s performance thread but essentially Pep handing the Scum an open goal with this headline was nothing short of stupid.

Manager effectively blames own player for break in.

Pep can be legendary in his pressers but his comments about social media were way off the mark and utterly irrelevant to the burglaries City players have been subject to. I don’t think Jack would have been too happy about it and rightly so.

View attachment 102769
So what exactly did Pep say and in what context?

Finally found this thread again (not sure why it’s in “off topic”).

Anyway I ended up posting in JG’s performance thread but essentially Pep handing the Scum an open goal with this headline was nothing short of stupid.

Manager effectively blames own player for break in.

Pep can be legendary in his pressers but his comments about social media were way off the mark and utterly irrelevant to the burglaries City players have been subject to. I don’t think Jack would have been too happy about it and rightly so.

View attachment 102769
No he didn't blame the player he said don’t help the scum by posting too much information.

Not looking for an argument, but it wasn’t all his belongings they went after. Just very high end watches and jewellery - and this article appears to have been written based solely on social media pics posted by Grealish: https://iflwatches.com/blogs/celebrities/football-player-jack-grealish-watch-collection

The watches mentioned at the link above alone are worth £400-500k (although given they’re stolen and on some kind of register now, I doubt they’d actually fetch that). I assume he has more than what’s listed in that article too. All you’ve got to do then is work out where he lives, then jackpot?

A lot of gangs go after really high end watches - Mahrez had a load stolen, Frank Lampard has been targeted multiple times and had a load of Pateks stolen. Sterling and Delle Ali have had significant watch collections stolen too. Watches and jewellery are small, light and easy to spirit out of the country. Which is why they’re targeted like this. I read somewhere about gangs flying in from South America to carry out these thefts then flying straight back out, but I’m struggling to find the source now (although Vanity Fair has a similar article except the break ins are in the USA.)

You don’t have to look too far into Grealish’s socials to see he has a significant watch collection knocking around his gaff (he’s not the only one, Jesse Lingard and others have pretty nice collections too.)

I think it’s happening more and more nowadays as brands like Patek, Richard Mille and Rolex are increasingly trendy. And watches are a lot easier to steal and conceal than say… a Ferrari, or other high ticket items a footballer might buy.

Fwiw, if I was on £100k+ a week I’d be hiring one or two full time security guards to look after my family, my house and my stuff. Shouldn’t have to be that way, but here we are!

If you spend your money on a Richard Mille you deserve to be robbed.

If I had footballer money I’d commission something like a Roger W. Smith.

But I guess footballers love the bling they can flash down Deansgate.

If you spend your money on a Richard Mille you deserve to be robbed.

If I had footballer money I’d commission something like a Roger W. Smith.

But I guess footballers love the bling they can flash down Deansgate.

I wouldn’t quite go that far ;) but yes RM is an acquired taste, and not to my liking.

Pep’s comments made me chuckle a bit because he wears his blue RM at most games. He doesn’t even use social media and must be on a few people’s radar - he has at least two RM watches worth a combined 500k+:

The fact there’s cameras, social media (and paps if you’re famous) everywhere nowadays - and watches/jewellery are so easy to conceal and move - is a big problem if you’re a high net worth individual with a decent watch or jewellery collection.

I don't know if you can deter these kinds of ruthless professional criminals. They don't care if they get a long stretch , it's death or glory for them , it seems.

Even if the sentence was balls squeezed or blowtorched to mush they'd probably have a macho bring it on type of attitude.

I don't know how the rich cope with the anxiety of knowing they are targets. But I don't understand why with all their cash there isn't a foolproof way of addressing the issue of security.

Yeah. Like them old bastards who did the Hatton Garden job. Why bother at that age. Just buy a fishing rod and go fishing instead.

This is Jack's message he just posted on Instagram. The photo is just of him and his dog -- no indication of how much money he has or where he lives. (The stupidity that he's ever posted anything that contributed to the burglary is not worthy of Pep tbh. He got baited by the press to victim-blame Jack and fell head-first into that trap.)

Anyway, maybe those of our "fans" who like to shit on our players online, and seem to think they're not real people with feelings, could remember this next time they get all worked up to post insults.

Screenshot_20231231-204550~2.png

This is Jack's message he just posted on Instagram. The photo is just of him and his dog -- no indication of how much money he has or where he lives. (The stupidity that he's ever posted anything that contributed to the burglary is not worthy of Pep tbh. He got baited by the press to victim-blame Jack and fell head-first into that trap.)

Anyway, maybe those of our "fans" who like to shit on our players online, and seem to think they're not real people with feelings, could remember this next time they get all worked up to post insults.

View attachment 102971
Yep, typical British attitude. Man does well, rewards himself and his loved ones. Then whilst some attack him in his house others attack him online. We are country of small minded people who are jealous of other people, especially those that are/ were like them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.