Greatest Individual Performance in a City Shirt

I'm surprised more people haven't said De Bruyne vs Stoke.

Probably Hart vs Dortmund still.

Erin Dzeko Spurs away 2011
Sergio 5 goals in 20 mins v Newcastle 2015
David Silva away at Hull
Yaya Toure away at Newcastle 2012
Vincent Kompany home to rags 2012
Bernardo Silva home to dippers 2019
Yaya wins it for me. He lifted the whole team that day and kept our challenge alive.

How about Denis Law in the cup ,I think it was Luton ,scored all six if I remember rightly ,then game abandoned because of a waterlogged pitch,we obviously ,predictably lost in the rearranged game 3-2.
The last ten years have had just so many wonderful games V.K. don't shoot,Serge 93'20 ,Merlin everytime he touched the ball, KDB, ,sorry, getting lost in reveries, as with all Blues City have given so many memories,and been a great backdrop to our lives.
Denis scored in the replay too. Seven in the tie but on the losing side. 6 goals wiped off his record.

As mentioned, think it was the 1-1 and Veron (who I rated very highly) was playing, but I remember the rag I was with at the time saying “if you were told there was a £28 million player playing, you’d say without question it was Berkovic”, amd you would, he was utterly awesome.

One performance that stands out for me, and was only 45 minutes unfortunately because it was the tail end of his career, was Ali’s against Newcastle in the first half, it was just world class, gutted we never got to see more of him in his prime , reckon Pep would have loved him.

Yaya wins it for me. He lifted the whole team that day and kept our challenge alive.

It's a good call. His two goals were crucial. Was he outstanding in the rest of the game, though? Genuine question, I really can't remember. I only remember hiding behind the sofa (figuratively speaking, I was in the pub for that one). I was terrified of that match. I felt that we'd unconsciously relax after the huge effort against United, and throw away having clawed back those eight points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.