Greatest Individual Performance in a City Shirt

Just reading the unpopular City opinions thread and came across a discussion about Sir David Silva & his incredible performance against Hull in the title run-in back in 2013/14. We were down to 10 from early on & David carried us, with that said I’ve remembered some others from the top of my head:

City 2-1 Ipswich 1999: Weaver, those who were there will know what I mean, not 100% that was the score but some of the saves…
City 3-1 Birmingham 2001: Benarbia debut
City 3-1 Red Shite 2002: Goater last MR Derby
City 1-0 Stretford 2007: Micah @ 18 keeping them at bay
City 0-0 Dippers 2007: Dunne, wouldn’t be beaten that night
Chelsea 2-4 City: Tevez, back from a flight day of
Swamp Dwellers 1-6 City 2011: David Silva
Newcastle 0-2 City 2012: Yaya Toure
City 1-1 BVB 2012: Hart
Chelsea 0-1 City 2017: KDB

So many to remember in recent years, but we’re much more of a team collective machine now so don’t get the standout performances as much. Would be good to delve into the Bell era etc for peoples memories.
I've just come onto this thread to post my favourite and I don't really need to post as you've put mine above - Benarbia at Birmingham. I was lucky enough to be there in amongst the Birmingham fans. It was a new dawning for me, the bloke was just fucking sublime. I didn't celebrate any of our goals as I bloody couldn't, but I remember a Brummie fan below me saying 'we're 10 years behind this football'. It was a fucking great night.

Oh, but Yaya v Newcastle was absolutely pivotal.

Berkovic in one of the derbies. Cant remember which victory, he was different gravy that day.

It was the 1-1 when we had a goal disallowed and Benarbia came on and set up the goat for an equaliser.

He was incredible that day but if memory serves me correct he was injured not shortly after and then sold in the summer. Pretty much the end of his City career that day.

Joe Hart against Dortmund, No words to describe that performance one of the best ever by any goalkeeper,and Sergio on his debut against Swansea.

It was the 1-1 when we had a goal disallowed and Benarbia came on and set up the goat for an equaliser.

He was incredible that day but if memory serves me correct he was injured not shortly after and then sold in the summer. Pretty much the end of his City career that day.
Yes he was superb in that game. Such a shame the Anelka goal was disallowed

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.