Greatest Individual Performance in a City Shirt

Asa Hartford and Joe Royle in the 4-0 thrashing of the scum the league cup when the king got crippled.

Peter Barnes in the UEFA Cup against Standard Liege

Paul Lakes debut as a 17 year old away at Wimbledon, marking Fashanu and never giving him a kick stood out. I walked away that day convinced I had seen something very special indeed.
The liege game a group of us were there.
One of the lads went early at 1 down for a bit of nooky with his fancy piece.
Always wondered how it went when got home and his wife asked him the final score…

Kompany and that shot against Leicester. The whole game he was masterful, the whole run-in depended on him a lot. But without that performance and that goal ours (and lfc's) history would have been totally different.

Berkovic in derby when Anelka scored a late winner that got chalked off.,

Bernarbia at Hillbro.

Not many will have seen this one, but Wanchope away at Leeds. zee won 2-1 and Wanchope was literally unplayable.

Walker vs PSG last season.

Mangala’s debut.

Bernardo vs Liverpool 2-1.

Modern day City, there’s too many to mention.
I was in the main stand at Leeds for that game, Wanchope almost beat them on his own.

Just reading the unpopular City opinions thread and came across a discussion about Sir David Silva & his incredible performance against Hull in the title run-in back in 2013/14. We were down to 10 from early on & David carried us, with that said I’ve remembered some others from the top of my head:

City 2-1 Ipswich 1999: Weaver, those who were there will know what I mean, not 100% that was the score but some of the saves…
City 3-1 Birmingham 2001: Benarbia debut
City 3-1 Red Shite 2002: Goater last MR Derby
City 1-0 Stretford 2007: Micah @ 18 keeping them at bay
City 0-0 Dippers 2007: Dunne, wouldn’t be beaten that night
Chelsea 2-4 City: Tevez, back from a flight day of
Swamp Dwellers 1-6 City 2011: David Silva
Newcastle 0-2 City 2012: Yaya Toure
City 1-1 BVB 2012: Hart
Chelsea 0-1 City 2017: KDB

So many to remember in recent years, but we’re much more of a team collective machine now so don’t get the standout performances as much. Would be good to delve into the Bell era etc for peoples memories.
City 2-1 Ipswich 1999. That match will live long in the memory. We were pretty much outplayed for the full 90 minutes. However, Weaver that day was an impervious barrier. I've never witnessed a better performance by a goalkeeper before or since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.