Green Man for Wembley Final - * UPDATE ON PAGE 3 *

was it easy enough getting served here in the semi? Dont want to have to queue forever to get a pint before the game.

Jnr Kisby said:
was it easy enough getting served here in the semi? Dont want to have to queue forever to get a pint before the game.

For the semi the queue when we first arrived at 1pm was about five-ten mins.
At 3pm it was like queuing for a Cup Final ticket at City
The worst thing though was that there were only about six urinals (including the portaloos) for 5000 blokes. The coppers had a special team deployed issuing fixed £80 fines for anyone having a slash in the bushes...Easy money

bainy said:
What was the wetherspoons on the high st and the greyhound like? Were there any other pubs that were decent around the west side of london? We were in Harrow for the semi which was brill, but going straight to wembley central this time.

The Wetherspoons was good, great sing song in the beer garden (which wasn't huge) plus real ale as well as gassy cack. Greyhound was so thronged we got cans from the offy next door and stood outside the pub. Good atmosphere.

Bluebird1 said:
Anne-Marie has asked me to post this on her behalf. She was responsible for arranging with the Landlord of the Green Man for it to be a City pub for the semi final.

"I've spoken today to the landlord of the Green Man regarding the Final but as of yet he has not met with the police regarding arrangements.

He did say that due to a large number of disturbances after the game on Saturday the Police may (may) have certain restrictions the pub have to adhere to for the Final.

The meeting will take place on Friday and he will call me as soon as he has all the details.

As for the car park, once I have all the info from the landlord I will be allocating spaces and priority will be given to those who booked for the semi-final and want to book again. I won't be taking any bookings until I have heard from him."

Anne-Marie
(AM-FSF Blue)

Whats happening to the two pubs on the central road before Wembley Way? The were taken by rags for the semi ...........we had to go to that Hotel nearby as the Green Man was closed.

did anyone try the blue room nr the roundabout??
we couldnt get in walked up the road then ended up getting trashed on the roundabout

Is there a decent coffee shop nearby as I dont think i will be wanting to drink and forget what could be a wonderful day, now after the game, if - when we win, then it will be drinking either until i fall over or I have to pretend to be sober to get the flight home the next day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.