Grenfell Tower block disaster

a woman resident said the council arrived and told people if you don't leave the police will come and throw you out
some people refused to leave so it wasn't true,just a tactic to intimidate people

That's a good point but terrorists of all types are thankfully, typically idiots. Murderous idiots but idiots.

They wouldn't need to be all that clever in these circumstances. Just force entry into a flat and torch it.

I suppose the more buildings they find that has this cladding, the more the chances will increase that they'll eventually discover that one of residents is on a security services watch list.

Just watching the Camden council leader and she said they have had fire wardens patrolling and also offered to pay the fire service for engines outside and was told they didn't have enough engines available.

Now I think the method of turfing people out in the middle of the night en mass was shambolic last night and maybe they could have had a phased move over 24 hrs making sure everyone would have a place to stay.

Also just had a young resident (early 20's) who is refusing to move out, he has been told it will be for six weeks and he's moaning it's inconvenient. Now I am not a fan of the moving of these comunities as there has been cases of them not being moved back, but this lad sounded a right soft arse, I remember when I was a kid and the houses in our street were renovated with council grants and we had to bunk up at me grans for 7 weeks while building work was done, inconvenient for me parents with work, but the house was safe and habitable after so worth it.

I do think they put the cladding up without moving people out so why can they not take it down without moving them, but if the fire service are saying they cannpt guarentee safety then the council did the right thing.

a woman resident said the council arrived and told people if you don't leave the police will come and throw you out
some people refused to leave so it wasn't true,just a tactic to intimidate people
They've changed tack, they've put security on the main entrance, anyone who goes out for milk, fags or whatever won't get back in.

I said it's after the initial fire, bring a cruise ship or ferry up the Thames and let them live there temporarily.

I sincerely hope, for her sake, that she has concrete proof of this. If she hasn't, and is proved to be wrong by a wide margin, the press will tear her to shreds. What she brought on herself during the election campaign will seem like a walk in the park in comparison.

Any publicity is good from her point of view although since when has any politician or the press ever let the truth get in the way of a good story etc.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.