Grenfell Tower block disaster

I don't agree with this "something for nothing" culture of giving the residents a plush posh new gaff for nowt.

It's a nice gesture but what about the people who have had to work their whole life to get there? or the people who have worked hard their whole life and don't.. it will encourage people to do fires to get the same treatment.

It has nothing to do with 'what about people who work' etc and, quite frankly, I'm sick of reading it

I work, I have a nice house, I would not begrudge someone moving next door because their council flat is at risk of burning down and them dying in it.

I don't imagine for a second that I'm on my own here. Anyone who links this to freeloading or begrudges anyone a say place to live, needs their head testing

I don't agree with this "something for nothing" culture of giving the residents a plush posh new gaff for nowt.

It's a nice gesture but what about the people who have had to work their whole life to get there? or the people who have worked hard their whole life and don't.. it will encourage people to do fires to get the same treatment.
I agree, I think it's a disgrace. It's purely to score points with the public and get them back onside after being hammered by all and sundry recently.

They are not getting a plush new place,some of them will be in affordable homes in the same complex
As for something for nothing,jesus christ they ave lost family and everything they own
I have every sympathy for them for their losses karen and understand the need to re-house them quickly but it's just wrong to put them up in ridiculously-priced accommodation, they don't NEED to be in places the normal working person could never dream of buying.

I'm sure the survivors would rather be going back to their old homes being welcomed by their parents/brothers/sisters etc instead of being rehoused with just the clothes on their backs and an uncertain future.

They are not getting a plush new place,some of them will be in affordable homes in the same complex
As for something for nothing,jesus christ they ave lost family and everything they own

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3850974/grenfell-tower-fire-residents-given-luxury-flats-kensington/

Who's going to pay for this? yes that's right.. the taxpayer ! how is that fair to people who worked their whole life just to pay the bills and can never afford something like this? yes give them similar "safe" accommodation but don't go overboard for popularity like the government are doing here

It has nothing to do with 'what about people who work' etc and, quite frankly, I'm sick of reading it

I work, I have a nice house, I would not begrudge someone moving next door because their council flat is at risk of burning down and them dying in it.

I don't imagine for a second that I'm on my own here. Anyone who links this to freeloading or begrudges anyone a say place to live, needs their head testing

It could encourage people from poor backgrounds who live in poor conditions to start a fire deliberately though to get some of the luxury penthouse flats above.. that is my point. Nobody begrudges anyone getting rehoused in similar conditions but "safe" this time.

I have every sympathy for them for their losses karen and understand the need to re-house them quickly but it's just wrong to put them up in ridiculously-priced accommodation, they don't NEED to be in places the normal working person could never dream of buying.
It's summer in a full london,they have to go somewhere NOW,i'm sure everyone can cut them some slack as they are victims of something horrendous and want to be safe and secure and not on a mattress on the floor in the gym,they have not burnt there block down and lost everything so they can spend a few weeks in a nicer place,i astounded i really am

I don't think this will end up been confined to tower blocks soon, there was a program on tv not long ago on new builds and the amount of things wrong with them, no insulation etc . Building control have not been doing their jobs full stop, I'm just leaving a 2007 new build we had lots of problems when we moved in but luckily got them sorted others in our street not so lucky and still have leaking roofs 10 years on, I'll be glad to go.

It's summer in a full london,they have to go somewhere NOW,i'm sure everyone can cut them some slack as they are victims of something horrendous and want to be safe and secure and not on a mattress on the floor in the gym,they have not burnt there block down and lost everything so they can spend a few weeks in a nicer place,i astounded i really am

There's a whole World at there of people losing everything everyday.. they don't get the same VIP treatment.. is it because it was on the telly?

Yes there is a massive casualty list of people dying.. but some people go through that everyday without help.

All I'm saying is it's devastating and should they be rehoused in similar conditions? yes.. but the ridiculous notion that we "have to give them everything they want" is not right and just the government bowing to media/public outcry to try to gain popularity. Just my opinion.

I'm not anti-poor, I'm anti-agenda and anti-unfairness. I said they should be rehoused in similar conditions and given money to replace whatever they lost.. what's unfair about it!?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3850974/grenfell-tower-fire-residents-given-luxury-flats-kensington/

Who's going to pay for this? yes that's right.. the taxpayer ! how is that fair to people who worked their whole life just to pay the bills and can never afford something like this? yes give them similar "safe" accommodation but don't go overboard for popularity like the government are doing here

It could encourage people from poor backgrounds who live in poor conditions to start a fire deliberately though to get some of the luxury penthouse flats above.. that is my point. Nobody begrudges anyone getting rehoused in similar conditions but "safe" this time.

Don't go 'overboard' in rehousing people who are at risk of burning to death - personally, I don't think there is an 'overboard' and I don't give a shit who pays for it. Maybe that will teach them not to (allegedly) cut corners

Re your link - I'm not clicking on it. But if it's the same 'story' as was in the papers. They won't me moved to 'luxury', they will be in the compulsory 'affordable/social/council' housing that private developers legally have to build when building luxury developments in London

I've worked my whole life and will probably never be able to afford to live in a posh part of London. Do you like what, I don't care! What is 'fair' about putting poor people in flammable flats and then, when under pressure, moving them out of their neighbor hoods just because people like you don't want to pay for it out of tax, leaving aside the fact that it is pennies in the scheme of things and your tax goes out of your wages regardless of your opinion?

Who's going to pay for this? yes that's right.. the taxpayer ! how is that fair to people who worked their whole life just to pay the bills and can never afford something like this? yes give them similar "safe" accommodation but don't go overboard for popularity like the government are doing

You do know that fire tends to go up and penthouses are generally on the top floor don't you ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.