Grenfell Tower block disaster

Presumably no testing was done before installation ?

Of course not why would they be tested prior to installation?

All products get tested at Warrington to british standards or tested elsewhere to European standards and certificates of performance get produced. They do not individually get tested each time they are installed. Incidentally the same panels are being installed in Newcastle as we speak.

Last edited:
Of course not why would they be tested prior to installation?

All products get tested at Warrington to british standards or tested elsewhere to European standards and certificates of performance get produced. They do not individually get tested each time they are installed. Incidentally the same panels are being installed in Newcastle as we speak.

Sorry FS perhaps I was not clear.

You infer that in fact the cladding would have been tested prior to being used on the installation by Warrington or elsewhere.
Presumably it failed its ability to withstand fire or is it only now being tested for that quality ?

Sorry FS perhaps I was not clear.

You infer that in fact the cladding would have been tested prior to being used on the installation by Warrington or elsewhere.
Presumably it failed its ability to withstand fire or is it only now being tested for that quality ?

I think the performance of the materials will have long since been established. In my opinion, and only my opinion, I think the arguments will not be about the performance of the product but its suitability on tall buildings and whether the product is accepted under the Building Regulations.

I may have misunderstood your earlier posts but I got the impression you expected further tests of the cladding by the HSE or Council. This will have long been established and listed on the British Board of Agrement Certificate.

I think the performance of the materials will have long since been established. In my opinion, and only my opinion, I think the arguments will not be about the performance of the product but its suitability on tall buildings and whether the product is accepted under the Building Regulations.

I may have misunderstood your earlier posts but I got the impression you expected further tests of the products prior to installation on the cladding by the HSE or Council. This will have long been established and listed on the British Board of Agrement Certificate.

Not at all FS, if full traceability is available to whoever checks the H and S risk assessment and method statements and they actually check them fully no complaints at all. By that I mean check back to Standards and not assume Data Sheets are correct, they often are misleading and hide failings in the product.

As you say there is more to this than meets the eye so hopefully it can be resolved and any blame allocated correctly.

Not at all FS, if full traceability is available to whoever checks the H and S risk assessment and method statements and they actually check them fully no complaints at all. By that I mean check back to Standards and not assume Data Sheets are correct, they often are misleading and hide failings in the product.

As you say there is more to this than meets the eye so hopefully it can be resolved and any blame allocated correctly.

From seeing the interviewing of experts in the fire service, comments by other professionals It appears even now experts cannot agree if the products should be used, or not, which could suggest a failing in the method of assessing the suitability of a product. Anyway its conjecture at this stage but hopefully more information can be provided soon and lessons learnt in the future.

Last edited:
The twunts are admitting that now, even now, they are only testing the imflammability of the cladding and not the insulation that it covers, which they admit may be more inflammable!

You couldn't make this up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.