Grenfell Tower block disaster

Not generally in manchester - general rule is that a section 106 payment is made for every apartment you build you pay 5000 (max) to a contribution towards an affordable housing pot. All depends on how viable your scheme is though.
Thanks, I have no idea what a section 106 payment is, but as discussed above there is a difference between "social" and "affordable", which I hadn't really thought of.

Thanks, I have no idea what a section 106 payment is, but as discussed above there is a difference between "social" and "affordable", which I hadn't really thought of.

Section 106 - is basically giving the council money in lieu of providing an affordable element in your scheme.

They can then use that for affordable / social housing.

Diane Abbott and numbers who the fuck would believe her? I think there will be a lot more than 79 but she's stirring up stuff that doesn't need to happen right now.

I agree, but I'm beginning to think the authorities could do a bit more to quell some of the conspiracy theories. At the moment there seems to be something of an information vacuum. Clearly they shouldn't be guessing numbers, but perhaps they could be a bit more forthcoming about where they are in the process of recovering bodies from the building. For example, have they yet gained access to and inspected every flat or are there floors that are still too dangerous to access?

So last night a friend in the LFB sent me some pictures from inside the tower nothing graphic but relating to firefighter things and bloody hell there's stuff there I didn't know about. Also there is a lot more than 79 in there, a lot more unfortunately the true number may never be known as a lot have been turned to ash.

It was a woman and yes I can blame her, I can also criticise her.

When someone is more concerned that there service charges may go up, than the deaths of 79 people.
yes I can blame her.

God forbid it affects the price of someones second home.

Welcome to Katie Hopkins England

And considering the flats were always intended as social housing, then either her solicitor should have informed her, or she's extremely stupid.

They weren't intended as social housing. They were intended for affordable housing, for someone to buy and love. I manage social blocks and like it or not a proportion of tenants don't give a shit about their homes or neighbourhoods. In the last two months we have had people pissing in lifts. People putting out cigarettes on carpets. People throwing washing machines down stairs, causing damage to walls, because "it was too heavy to carry down". People leaving furniture they no longer want in fire escape routes. Dogs let out in internal communal areas to, well you know.

Most tenants are great but the minority cause issues which increase service charges they don't pay. I understand this woman's position.

They weren't intended as social housing. They were intended for affordable housing, for someone to buy and love. I manage social blocks and like it or not a proportion of tenants don't give a shit about their homes or neighbourhoods. In the last two months we have had people pissing in lifts. People putting out cigarettes on carpets. People throwing washing machines down stairs, causing damage to walls, because "it was too heavy to carry down". People leaving furniture they no longer want in fire escape routes. Dogs let out in internal communal areas to, well you know.

Most tenants are great but the minority cause issues which increase service charges they don't pay. I understand this woman's position.
So because of the misdeeds of an few individuals, you believe 100s of people should be left to rot.

also explain the difference between social housing & affordable housing?
Either way her solicitor should have informed her when she purchased the flat so it's her own fault.

Fuck me sounds rough there

Leeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So because of the misdeeds of an few individuals, you believe 100s of people should be left to rot.

also explain the difference between social housing & affordable housing?
Either way her solicitor should have informed her when she purchased the flat so it's her own fault.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Affordable Housing - for people on low/medium to buy an own their first property. Social Housing for rent by registered providers to rent below market rates to those who otherwise would not afford a mortgage.

So there's a big difference and she would have been well aware that affordable housing was part of the scheme and social was not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.