Grenfell Tower block disaster

The fact that the majority of people from Grenfell have yet to be rehoused is a disgrace.... the failure to fund the stripping of this cladding from other buildings is a disgrace.(do it and argue about who's responsibility it is later) The defunding of the fire service is a disgrace The closure of 10 London fire stations is a disgrace. The sale of the contract to maintain the London Fire brigades vehicles to one of Johnsons mates for £2 is a disgrace. (they charge back £1.5 million every six months)

The fact that people continue to vote Conservative is a disgrace.
Grenfell was a Labour seat until the last election.
So it looks like the people of Grenfell were fed up of the labour party.

Do you think it would be different under Labour? They are all the same and will look after their own.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51298128

To be fair I made the first political statement and ifwecouldjust carried it on. I just feel so sorry for the people living in one of the flats not knowing if/when it will go up in flames. I do not suppose there is an easy answer but the current situation should not be happening.

To be fair I made the first political statement and ifwecouldjust carried it on. I just feel so sorry for the people living in one of the flats not knowing if/when it will go up in flames. I do not suppose there is an easy answer but the current situation should not be happening.

Those other high rises with that cladding on should have had it removed within weeks and that is the only answer to that situation, it is disgraceful that they are still gladded in the stuff three years later.

The reply you quoted was about people passing contracts onto their pals and not strictly to do with Grenfell

Those other high rises with that cladding on should have had it removed within weeks and that is the only answer to that situation, it is disgraceful that they are still gladded in the stuff three years later.

The reply you quoted was about people passing contracts onto their pals and not strictly to do with Grenfell

Yes, you are of course correct. My bad.

(OH come on I had to type that after the shit I gave you)

What happened 3 years ago was a very tragic event.

3 full years later we still have a large number of tower blocks that are clad in the same or very similar material. Can you imagine having to live in one of those blocks ?
People are unable to sell the flat as obviously no one will buy them, so every night they go to bed wondering if someone has a faulty gas fire or is cooking chips, or will they wake up in the morning.
That the government, (and I am a conservative voter) have not sorted this situation out is disgraceful.
Fully agree Misty.
I'm amazed at how seemingly weak willed the present government are.
I really thought Boris would've shown stronger leadership.
I have a feeling that the taxpayer will have to pay for removal and building rectification.
There are buildings here in Australia with inflammable cladding, which is being removed, at huge cost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.