Greta Thunberg

I also think if someone is going to be an activist/campaigner they should have the decency to be an unknown one or at the very least be poor.

Fucking do gooders getting publicity for their cause. Why they can't just sit at home and grumble like everyone else.

Am one to let people do what they believe in! I have an opinion on what she is worth and the belief the earth has cycles! You can say am posting utter tosh am fine with it..

It's not speculation. It's straight from the horses mouth, and Greta ranks as high as it gets on the truthful scale.

Book earnings can be donated to charities. She already has a foundation which makes such contributions.

She uses her student grant, and she comes from a rich country.
I mean it’s also important to acknowledge that she comes from a rich family - before she became ‘famous’, her dad and grandad were decently famous actors, her mum Malena was a name here and represented Sweden at the 2009 Eurovision and she grew up in an apartment in Kungsholmen worth a few £m, so while i would not challenge her claims to have donated everything, she has not and will never hurt for money.

It’s also worth pointing out that while she became famous for the school strikes (not an original idea of hers, just copying Aussie and American kids who were doing it already), she was being privately tutored to ensure she didn’t miss any school time, unlike many of the kids she inspired to come out and join her.

I don’t say this to try and downplay what she has done, just to say it’s important to acknowledge that her story is a bit greyer than all are necessarily aware of and her story initially grew momentum because her family friends at Aftonbladet and Dagens Nyheter were happy to publicise it.

I mean it’s also important to acknowledge that she comes from a rich family - before she became ‘famous’, her dad and grandad were decently famous actors, her mum Malena was a name here and represented Sweden at the 2009 Eurovision and she grew up in an apartment in Kungsholmen worth a few £m, so while i would not challenge her claims to have donated everything, she has not and will never hurt for money.

It’s also worth pointing out that while she became famous for the school strikes (not an original idea of hers, just copying Aussie and American kids who were doing it already), she was being privately tutored to ensure she didn’t miss any school time, unlike many of the kids she inspired to come out and join her.

I don’t say this to try and downplay what she has done, just to say it’s important to acknowledge that her story is a bit greyer than all are necessarily aware of and her story initially grew momentum because her family friends at Aftonbladet and Dagens Nyheter were happy to publicise it.
She could have become like Laurence Fox and campaigned to get everybody to hate each other, drive bigger cars and release shit music.

These silver spooned mob are killing the earth.

Last edited:
Apart from just stating the fact that she might have wealth behind her, or support from others...can anyone tell me why that matters? What difference does it have on the message she is promoting?

Genuinely, why exactly does ANY of that negate what she is trying to do?

Apart from just stating the fact that she might have wealth behind her, or support from others...can anyone tell me why that matters? What difference does it have on the message she is promoting?

It doesn’t. It just makes those that don’t like what she stands for happier because its another stick to beat her with.

None of it does. It’s just middle aged men giving themselves license to rag on a teenage girl in a creepy way. It’s the equivalent of sending her dick pics.

Why is it important to acknowledge?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.