Greta Thunberg

Why is it important to acknowledge?
Because the poster I was relying to was commenting on Greta donating all income and relying solely on Sweden paying for her to study, which is not *strictly* true - her parents millions certainly help.

Yes I get that but why is it important?
Because in relation to the point being implied - that she was ‘just’ a student surviving on a student loan, it shows that is fundamentally incorrect.

Her family wealth is not important in the wider story, nor does it have any impact on the message, it simply aided her in becoming the ‘face’ of the message rather than the kids whose idea she was copying.

Because in relation to the point being implied - that she was ‘just’ a student surviving on a student loan, it shows that is fundamentally incorrect.

Her family wealth is not important in the wider story, nor does it have any impact on the message, it simply aided her in becoming the ‘face’ of the message rather than the kids whose idea she was copying.

So not important, excellent.

I actually said uses. I didn't say lives on.

And uses was "uses for travel and expenses of activism" which was a reference to the quote from her in the article.

It was unclear. But I didn't think that people were that obsessed with her that they needed to know how much money she spends on bread, vegetables and paddington bear raincoats.

I actually said uses. I didn't say lives on.

And uses was "uses for travel and expenses of activism" which was a reference to the quote from her in the article.

It was unclear. But I didn't think that people were that obsessed with her that they needed to know how much money she spends on bread, vegetables and paddington bear raincoats.
I mean my wife studied in England on a Swedish student loan and so I know exactly what she is getting, and no, it’s not funding any travelling as well as living expenses….

And that’s fine, she’s a rich kid who is in a privileged enough position to have her family fund her passion, it doesn’t suddenly make her some terrible person or discount from what she’s trying to do, simply it’s fair to acknowledge how she got to this point.

Actually i dont think its fair at all to acknowledge how she got to this point, i dont think it has any bearing on her message.

If you disagree with what she is saying, then respond to her claims. The fact that an autistic young woman is supported by her parents has absolutely nothing to do with her campaigns to highlight the problems and concerns of global warming (edit: i believe i should use Climate Change). I just cant see how its relevant.

I mean my wife studied in England on a Swedish student loan and so I know exactly what she is getting, and no, it’s not funding any travelling as well as living expenses….

And that’s fine, she’s a rich kid who is in a privileged enough position to have her family fund her passion, it doesn’t suddenly make her some terrible person or discount from what she’s trying to do, simply it’s fair to acknowledge how she got to this point.

No one said living expenses. You seem a bit obsessed with this tangent.

Perhaps take a lie down rather than get worked up about a young woman who could have taken the millions of awards and book royalties but gave it to charity instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.