Greta Thunberg

I’m absolutely gobsmacked people have an issue with her, gobsmacked.

Being a conservative should mean you support her, it’s fundamental to conservatism to fucking conserve.

Yet more sensationalist bullshit aimed at motivating hippies who won't read the detail but will fall for the melodrama, hook line and sinker.

Did you spot the predicted 25m sea level rise upon which the mass migrations are predicated?

And buried in the text, "OVER THE NEXT 2,000 YEARS."

I.e. fucking irrelevant because we might not even live on Earth by then.
It's not "buried" in the text. It's in a link on the page, which is to an article/report about the long term impacts beyond 2100. It's showing that this is inexorable and before we get to 25m over the next 2000 years, we will have to go through 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, 5m, 6m, 7m.... You get the idea.

The report, published in the journal Nature Climate Change, notes most research looks at the impacts of global warming by 2100 and so misses one of the biggest consequences for civilisation - the long-term melting of polar ice caps and sea-level rise.

This is because the great ice sheets take thousand of years to react fully to higher temperatures. The researchers say this long-term view raises moral questions about the kind of environment being passed down to future generations.

The research shows that even with climate change limited to 2C by tough emissions cuts, sea level would rise by 25 metres over the next 2,000 years or so and remain there for at least 10,000 years - twice as long as human history. If today’s burning of coal, oil and gas is not curbed, the sea would rise by 50m, completely changing the map of the world.

So it's isn't "fucking irrelevant", at all.

As for "hippies". Grow the fuck up.

The ultimate goal is for governments to charge extra for the use of fossil fuels. A carbon tax. The energy companies get a slice of it, the shareholders get their slice and the government gets it too. The people who suffer the most will be those living on estates or in a two up, two down that live pay day to pay day, trying to keep afloat and dreading the gas or leccy bill dropping through the letterbox. For some pensioners at winter, it's heat or eat.
The wealthy people behind this cynical exploitation won't feel the pinch. Far from it. They'll actually make money whether it's by taxation or having skin in the game regarding the production of alternatives.
I'm surprised at the posters on here who regard themselves as champions of the poor not seeing through this.
Have a look at the architects of the movement. Original founders of Greenpeace have left because of the way it was hijacked and politicised.

A good question

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and...j8AyYK-2YIxMvHIdsOTAHBO5-jr5p1xP1HSvUNa2h-760

But who’s the real freak – the activist whose determination has single-handedly started a powerful global movement for change, or the middle-aged man taunting a child with Asperger syndrome from behind the safety of their computer screens?

And that, of course, is the real reason why Greta Thunberg is so triggering. They can’t admit it even to themselves, so they ridicule her instead. But the truth is that they’re afraid of her. The poor dears are terrified of her as an individual, and of what she stands for – youth, determination, change.

Lots of people on here and in the public at large have a poor opinion of Jacob Rees Mogg. Look at the condemnation that tramp got from all quarters when he confronted one of Rees Mogg's small children and told him, " your daddy is a very nasty man".
I've already previously stated that I've nothing against Greta. It's the cynical exploitation I have a problem with.

It's not "buried" in the text. It's in a link on the page, which is to an article/report about the long term impacts beyond 2100. It's showing that this is inexorable and before we get to 25m over the next 2000 years, we will have to go through 1m, 2m, 3m, 4m, 5m, 6m, 7m.... You get the idea.

The report, published in the journal Nature Climate Change, notes most research looks at the impacts of global warming by 2100 and so misses one of the biggest consequences for civilisation - the long-term melting of polar ice caps and sea-level rise.

This is because the great ice sheets take thousand of years to react fully to higher temperatures. The researchers say this long-term view raises moral questions about the kind of environment being passed down to future generations.

The research shows that even with climate change limited to 2C by tough emissions cuts, sea level would rise by 25 metres over the next 2,000 years or so and remain there for at least 10,000 years - twice as long as human history. If today’s burning of coal, oil and gas is not curbed, the sea would rise by 50m, completely changing the map of the world.

So it's isn't "fucking irrelevant", at all.

As for "hippies". Grow the fuck up.

It's complete horseshit.

Instead of sensationalist nonsense, may I remind you what the IPCC say, "For the period 2081–2100, compared to 1986–2005, global mean sea level rise is likely (medium confidence) to be in the 5 to 95% range of projections from processbased models, which give 0.26 to 0.55 m"

95% confidence it will be less than 2 feet by 2100.

People need to get a grip. Yes, it's something to be mindful of and actions are needed, which unless you've been in a coma you will have noticed we've been taking. But all this "extinction" tripe?!!! These are the people who should grow up. Grow the fuck up yourself.

I'd glue myself to the A75 but fear the Scottish government would see it as a way of filling the fucking pot holes in and it could catch on!

Lots of people on here and in the public at large have a poor opinion of Jacob Rees Mogg. Look at the condemnation that tramp got from all quarters when he confronted one of Rees Mogg's small children and told him, " your daddy is a very nasty man".
I've already previously stated that I've nothing against Greta. It's the cynical exploitation I have a problem with.
How old does she have to be before she ceases to be exploited in your book then? Do you consider Malala Yousefzai to be an exploited child too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.