Greta Thunberg

I don't know enough about this, to know for sure, that the catastrophe predicted, will occur, or if it does occur, whether it will be the catastrophe predicted or just an incovenience, etc etc.

What I do know, is that if I was about to cycle down a steep mountain road & out of two experts, one tells me my bicycle is fine, the other tells me that if I don't get my brake cables fixed, I will fly off the edge & die, halfway down, I get my brake cables fixed, even if it's fucking expensive.
Not a bad analogy of the situation.
Then you have your kid saying daddy if you wreck that bike I won’t be able to ride it in the future. Please get the brakes fixed.
And you have someone else, perhaps with no interest, perhaps he sells bicycles, I don’t know, telling you not to mind her. Even if the brakes are gone, experts might come up with some new innovations to slow you down before the bottom of the hill.
Off you go.

If Governments take the lead and legislate the world over then we will all follow the lead which was my point yesterday and will remain my point.

Any other action is pissing in the wind.
That’s possibly the truth of it blueinsa, but the bit I don’t get with people is why a kid pointing this out upsets them so much.

That’s possibly the truth of it blueinsa, but the bit I don’t get with people is why a kid pointing this out upsets them so much.

Because this kid knows as much about climatology as I do about knitting and she's been used as a political weapon by people with greater interests who are hiding behind a child in order to shield them from any counter argument or criticism.

I don't enjoy being pandered to by anyone and this girl is a bought and paid for PR machine parroting views she has been told to say.

She is the equivalent of Lenny Henry in Africa or Bob Geldof saying "give us your fucking money" while being multimillionaires who 99% of the year don't actually care about these issues.

Because this kid knows as much about climatology as I do about knitting and she's been used as a political weapon by people with greater interests who are hiding behind a child in order to shield them from any counter argument or criticism.

I don't enjoy being pandered to by anyone and this girl is a bought and paid for PR machine parroting views she has been told to say.

She is the equivalent of Lenny Henry in Africa or Bob Geldof saying "give us your fucking money" while being multimillionaires who 99% of the year don't actually care about these issues.

Do you agree with the message?

There's a raft of people willing to demand that everyone believes in her like she's the new messiah, if you don't then you are attacking a child. Using children like this has happened before and hasn't ended well.

She gets the next generation engaged.
There is s point to be made and the next generation of voters are quite important.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.