Greta Thunberg

The weather appears to be getting stranger & the evidence appears to follow the more pessimistic predictions, so I don't understand the sense in ignoring it. If we go all in & the government takes the lead, I'll follow it.

If Governments take the lead and legislate the world over then we will all follow the lead which was my point yesterday and will remain my point.

Any other action is pissing in the wind.

The actions of these future voters, is the best way to help force them into it.

Ive no problem with peaceful protest and demonstration.

My beef is with the almost fundamentalist language and general anger some have taken up over the issue and how they talk down to you if you offer even the slightest of difference of opinion.

Ive no problem with peaceful protest and demonstration.

My beef is with the almost fundamentalist language and general anger some have taken up over the issue and how they talk down to you if you offer even the slightest of difference of opinion.

Many of them think they or their kids are going to die.

You are hinting on the other thread about potential insurrection from pensioners because their sausages don't contain enough arse thanks to foreigners.

Of course not.

I'm denying that human extinction is an imminent threat - something that the more gullible seem to have decided is going to happen. As a result of the relentless propaganda and brainwashing.

And other extinctions happen all the time. Would it be "nice" if we had dinosaurs roaming the planet? Well it would be nice for the dinosaurs but I doubt we'd have so many mammals to care about were that the case.

I'm more concerned about us continuing whaling, poaching rhinos, tigers and killing elephants. None of which are climate related issues.
But you seem to object to them using the word extinction. The word extinction is generally used in relation to Extinction Rebellion, which is so named because the second of their stated aims is to oppose biodiversity loss (i.e. animal and plant extinctions). While plenty of extinctions have been caused by hunting, by far the biggest cause of animal endangerment nowadays is habitat loss, which is caused by cutting down forest to make way for agriculture. Hell, right at this very time, I'm sitting in a city with a dangerous level of pollution. The reason for this is that in Indonesia, vast swathes of land are being cleared by people looking to make a quick buck from palm oil, and the cheapest method of doing it is to burn the land. It's not a coincidence that animals like orangutans then have nowhere to live and schools in Kuala Lumpur hundreds of miles away are having to close because it's not safe for kids to walk to school.

Calm down ffs.

The heat coming off your face is probably not helping rising temps.

You didn't ask me a difficult question, you asked me had I read the report and i very clearly and easily said no.

Im still here btw so your little red faced rant about fingers in ears and flouncing was not only pathetic, it was wrong.
Ah yeah, if you can label me as angry, that means you 'won' the debate, right? And without having to address any of the arguments put to you. How convenient.

Ah yeah, if you can label me as angry, that means you 'won' the debate, right? And without having to address any of the arguments put to you. How convenient.

With respect i can only go off the tone of your posts and you sound angry.

You dont want to debate or discuss, you want to dictate to and demand.

Its why much of the message is being ignored on the issue im afraid.

With respect i can only go off the tone of your posts and you sound angry.

You dont want to debate or discuss, you want to dictate to and demand.

Its why much of the message is being ignored on the issue im afraid.
You started this exchange responding to a post, almost the entire contents of which was a link to a report about the rate of extinctions. Your entire post was a collection of claims that was disproven by the report that I had just linked to, which is why it was obvious that you hadn't even clicked on it, never mind read it. Why are you even responding to me if you're not going to even do me the common courtesy of looking at what I posted? And you then admitted as much in your very next post that not only did you not look at the evidence I posted, but that you would refuse to do so on principle. And then you come here now claiming to be the one that wants to debate and discuss. It's laughable mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.