Grunge

It's a very small genre in terms of bands that made it big and have an accessible catalogue. It's influenced many bands and genres after it but in the OGs are out of Washington in the late 80s and the rest are imitators.

Pearl Jam
Nirvana
Soundgarden
Alice in Chains
Tad
The Melvins
Mudhoney
The Screaming Trees

Last edited:
Alice in Chains remain my favourite grunge band of all time. Layne Staley’s vocals were incredible. It’s a shame he died so young.

Hindsight, if only! I'm slowly getting into Pearl Jam,( I know i know) my mate has been telling me their quality for years. Heard all the big tracks and I like what I've heard.

I like Nirvana(who doesn't) and Nevermind may become as iconic and revered as Floyd's DSoTM album. Probably not but it is up there amongst the best all time albums IMO.
Nevermind isn’t even Nirvana’s best album.
It might just be their worst along with Muddy banks of the Wishkah.

I was surfing the web about 10 years ago looking for new stuff and came across a small but decent Indie 3rd gen Punk Grunge-ish band named Hot Rod Circuit. I've since bought a couple of their albums. They never made it big, not a bad thing. Anyway take a listen to this 5 track sample.

Weak Warm
You Kill Me
Irish Car Bomb
Power Of The Vitamins
Slacker

Last edited:
Anything Chris touched turned to gold. Even Audioslave.

this I agree with totally.
Having been reminded by BT stuck The screaming Trees on in the car this am, forgot how good they were.
No mention of Mother Love Bone considering who was in the band and what they went onto do including Temple of the dog, seem a bit strange.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.