Guardian: Joe Hart shows signs of frailty against Juve

NewbBlue said:
Joe Hart shows signs of frailty in front of Fabio Capello

-The Manchester City goalkeeper is England's No1, but he showed against Juventus that he is still far from the finished article

Fabio Capello names his latest England squad on Monday, and one of the few aspects of selection that has not been discussed over the past few days is the position of goalkeeper. Joe Hart has made that his own. The Manchester City keeper is England's No1. So he must be due a high‑profile mistake.

It might be a tad harsh to say Hart made one after just 10 minutes of the game against Juventus. He did not throw the ball into his own net or suffer a calamity on the Robert Green scale, but with Capello watching from the stands Hart will certainly have been disappointed at his inability to deal with a well-placed, though relatively innocuous, shot from Vincenzo Iaquinta.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/sep/30/joe-hart-england-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ester-city</a>

Shocking journalism. I couldn't read farther.

A shot that was well-placed, had good swerve, and was deflected is... innocuous?

fuck me how desperate are these tossers? that smacks of severe desperation.

Robinhosthumb! said:
Kolo got his head onto the ball and it spun downwards under Joe,He had no chance.

Yeah, this. It did look a little soft in real time but on the replay I reckon he would have saved it without Kolo's touch. He might feel he still should have done.

Just one of those things.

City Raider said:
wayne71 said:
I think Juve had Hart down as a possible weak link, they looked like they were told to shoot from anywhere and test him.

i think they knew they weren't going to get in our box too often

The main tactic was go down just about within shooting distance. The ref obliged on too many occasions. I wasn't surprised with Del Piero's effort late on.

As for the Juve goal, that was an optimistic shot, speculative, and it came out of a group of three players. I think Hart saw it very late. It was under him before he went down. I think Iaquinta was the most surprised on the pitch.

He was shaky last night and I think he could have done better with the goal and the two free kicks.

Given was dropped after making hardly any mistakes.

I think Mancini will give Hart one last chance but if he has another poor game then Given will be back in.

The Iaquinta shot took a delection off Kolo's head which took it just past Joe's reach. He dealt very well with a Del Piero free kick in the first half, which dipped in front of him, when he shovelled it well clear of the area. The late Del Piero free kick had swerve and dip and perhaps he'll be disappointed he didn't get finger tips to it to put it over. In truth Hart didn't really put a foot or glove wrong. In fact Juve created very little.

EddieR said:
The Iaquinta shot took a delection off Kolo's head which took it just past Joe's reach. He dealt very well with a Del Piero free kick in the first half, which dipped in front of him, when he shovelled it well clear of the area. The late Del Piero free kick had swerve and dip and perhaps he'll be disappointed he didn't get finger tips to it to put it over. In truth Hart didn't really put a foot or glove wrong. In fact Juve created very little.

And we tested the Juve goalie how many times ???
We`re still trying to walk the fucking ball in.
SSssssssshhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttttt,for fucks sake !!

I haven't seen any replays but from where I was sitting it did look as though Hart should have saved the goal. The late free kick, possibly as well, as it seemed totally central, although it was a cracker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.