Guardian: Joe Hart shows signs of frailty against Juve

Prestwich_Blue said:
Don't think that article's too unfair. I'd be shocked if Joe wasn't annoyed with himself for not saving that.
Thought he should have saved it tbh

Didsbury Dave said:
I haven't seen any replays but from where I was sitting it did look as though Hart should have saved the goal.

For probably the same reason that the Guardian writer thought it looked innocuous. The ball spun of Kolo's head when Hart was already committed, but it wouldn't have been obvious without the replay. Harsh to say it was a mistake.

bluenova said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I haven't seen any replays but from where I was sitting it did look as though Hart should have saved the goal.

For probably the same reason that the Guardian writer thought it looked innocuous. The ball spun of Kolo's head when Hart was already committed, but it wouldn't have been obvious without the replay. Harsh to say it was a mistake.

I didn't realise that. I take it back.

I felt that he was flapping all along. I actually thought he was a weak link. He covered all of his shot a bit too late. Both free kicks, one which was really close to his left, it went out but you could see that he was late as well.

The goal even with the deflection was heading in the same direction, I thought a top class goalkeeper would have saved it.

I can't help but say that Shay Given has to get a chance. The reason Joe Hart has been getting clean sheets is because of the amazing protection he so enjoys.

ArabFan12 said:
I felt that he was flapping all along. I actually thought he was a weak link. He covered all of his shot a bit too late. Both free kicks, one which was really close to his left, it went out but you could see that he was late as well.

The goal even with the deflection was heading in the same direction, I thought a top class goalkeeper would have saved it.

I can't help but say that Shay Given has to get a chance. The reason Joe Hart has been getting clean sheets is because of the amazing protection he so enjoys.

Amazing protection? I'm guessing you didn't watch the first game at White Hart Lane then?

Look, he ain't perfect - but neither is Shay. Seems over-confident / cocky at times - I just hope he isn't the architect of his own downfall - he's got a lot to look forward to if he keeps improving.

bluenova said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Saw replays on TV and it didn't look like Kolo got that much of a touch tbh.

Hart will probably feel that he could've saved it, but it was by no means a calamitous mistake and scarcely merited being the main focus of Wilson's match report.

Unbelievably well placed shot and the deflection was just enough to take it away from Hart's finger tips. Incredibly harsh to call it a goal keeping error.

tbf and don't jump on my back here but i thought hart looked dodgey at times, there was one long range shot with hart diving to his right where he looked like he went to catch it but it bounced off his chest and was lucky kolo cleared it tbh he's a great keeper don't get me wrong but can on occasion be a bit worrying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.