Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

“I still enjoy working with these players a lot and I would like to stay longer. I would like to stay longer. If the club wants, I will stay.”

Fuck off Bayern
Where has he said that?

He never said the word “longer” in that interview in the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I’ve read of the article he rules out leaving imminently, after being asked about, quote “lowest league position” under him. Jokers.

I’ve never thought he’d walk away. He isn’t that type of guy, but I still don’t get the feeling that he’ll stay any longer than his current contract, which I’m disappointed about.

Exactly

So Pep not only surprises us with his team selections :) A lot of us started to think will he get fed up of all this corruption and the way the club are treated in the media. Seems like just the opposite has happened, looks like a statement that he’s far from finished here. He seems more determined than ever. But then why wouldn’t he be given
the support of the club and fans. There is pressure here but not to the same levels of other countries. Plus think he’s still surprised at the level of support he gets after the odd defeat. That is not a given in Spain, Germany and Italy. The team needs some rebuild over the next two years and youngsters to bed in. To me it seems like he is up for the challenge but then that is why he is a winner!!

Why would he commit himself now for another 3 years beyond his current contract? Too much can change in the next 2 years but his undoubted committment and love of the club is clear, this is as good a statement as we could get right now, it's all good blues, merry Xmas from Pep.

Where would Pep go ? Anything after city is a step down , and that's with my blue tinted glasses fully off. World class training facilities, world class management and owner with a hands off approach to the football side of things, that allows Pep to do what he does best coach . City were shaped to have Pep as coach he would have been sold the "project" same as the players are, he knows the long term plan and where he sits in that plan and it's not to just walk out after his contract stint ends and go look for lesser opportunities.Everything he could possibly want is right here at City, and if it's not then it can be got or made to happen easier than any other club could possibly do, if Pep wants to be the head of a football giant with a legacy to be remembered then there is no better place than City.

Where would Pep go ? Anything after city is a step down , and that's with my blue tinted glasses fully off. World class training facilities, world class management and owner with a hands off approach to the football side of things, that allows Pep to do what he does best coach . City were shaped to have Pep as coach he would have been sold the "project" same as the players are, he knows the long term plan and where he sits in that plan and it's not to just walk out after his contract stint ends and go look for lesser opportunities.Everything he could possibly want is right here at City, and if it's not then it can be got or made to happen easier than any other club could possibly do, if Pep wants to be the head of a football giant with a legacy to be remembered then there is no better place than City.
Brilliant post mate,superb.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.