Guardiola now accused of ruining Italian football!

The headline and the loaded language used in that article completely detract from the fact that nobody has accused anyone of ruining anything. He's just saying that Italian football and their defences in particular aren't adapting to how the game is evolving thanks to the influence of Guardiola and now Sarri. He isn't bitter, he's just acknowledging they face a challenge. You don't have to take it as compliment if you don't want but no need to let it fuel everyone's persecution complex either.

Its clear the headline the ruining of italian football was said ironically and the article is clearly highlighting the impact of how clubs like City/Napoli with their style of play are asking questions of defensive structures which have stood the test of time.

Impossible to take negatively unless your a dyed in the wool blue moon agendarist.

Its clear the headline the ruining of italian football was said ironically and the article is clearly highlighting the impact of how clubs like City/Napoli with their style of play are asking questions of defensive structures which have stood the test of time.

Impossible to take negatively unless your a dyed in the wool blue moon agendarist.

"Guardiolismo has ruined many Italian defenders a bit -- now defenders know how to set the tone of play and they can spread the ball, but they don't know how to mark. Unfortunately, that's the way it is.

"When I was young, we used to do drills to get a feel for the man you were making. Nowadays, from crosses, Italian defenders -- and I can only really talk for Italian defenders, I am only relatively interested about foreign players -- don't mark their man.

"It's a great pity because we're losing our DNA a bit and some of those characteristics which had made us excel in the world."

Why not read it first ?

Oh my life, I'd love it to be true!
I speak to a lot of lads from Brazil who support all sorts of clubs. They mainly follow Barca for their european teams but a lot like us now and regularly nick alert me and say how good we are to watch. They never really did that before. They go out of their way to watch us play and their sports chans follow us a lot now Jesus is here, ESPN.br does a lot now, i know that myself.

Would be the perfect replacement. My number 1 choice.
Mikel Arteta could be a good call when the sad day comes. Also when the time arrives, I imagine a whole host of Coaches, inspired by Pep, will have emerged (hopefully a few English ones too).

Mikel Arteta could be a good call when the sad day comes. Also when the time arrives, I imagine a whole host of Coaches, inspired by Pep, will have emerged (hopefully a few English ones too).

Agreed.

I really do think Pep will sign a one year extension at the end of the season. Hopefully he stays even longer. He will have a major impact on the league and many coaches.

Came across as a compliment lol

Don't know where folks are getting that idea from:

"Now, we need talented players up front, but we also need to bring somebody through in defence because we are never going to be able to play Spain's tiki-taka because it's not part of our philosophy," he said.

Edit, more: "I think Guardiola has ruined a generation of defenders. They think so much about setting up, widening, but they know little about man marking.

"The Italian defensive tradition is one of the great feats. For Italy to return to the top of world, they need strong strikers, yes, but also true defenders."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.